Yet another bretonnian team

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

SIRSEAN
Rookie
Rookie

Yet another bretonnian team

Post by SIRSEAN »

I know this have been done a zillion times, and that you have your own rules

I have a huge Bretonnian army, and I found a box full with spare parts, so, I create my own brettonian team:

BRETONNIAN TEAMS

# Title cost MA ST AG AV Skills Normal Double
0-16 Men at Arms 40K 6 3 3 7 G S, A, P
0-2 Throwers 50K 6 3 3 7 Pass G, P S, A
0-4 Catchers 60K 7 2 3 7 Catch G, A S, P
0-4 Knights 80K 6 3 3 9 Block G, S A, P
RR: 60K

I used a lot of men at arms bodies, and some BB human figures for conversions

What do you think? any suggestions?

Reason: ''
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: Yet another bretonnian team

Post by inkpwn »

Suggestions? Run. Run before burgun or darkson catch you!

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TOO LATE!

I see it's that time of the year again where someone strolls out of the wood work to mention the same dead horse that's been lying there and how we might kick it a few more times just to be sure.

Now I'm sure that plasmoid or one of his buddy's will come in here soon and mention how they have a much better roster that's already been play tested and developed and guide you to the link.

Then Darkson will do an :roll: and post around a 5 word cutting remark that I will undoubtedly spend a good 2 minutes laguhing at.

Then tempers will flare and before you know it we'll have another 20+ page thread locked down because nobody can agree.

The bottom line is that if you really enjoy Brettonians and you want to play them then you should. I've seen some awesome Bretonnian teams put up before. Just proxy them as a human team. Or house rule plasmoids Brettonian roster that has ridiculous 8338 knights that would never be allowed at a sactioned tournament. The roster you've posted up is simply too close to a normal human roster to provide anything new anyway.

I hope you don't get offended by my satire as it's not meant to be personal. It's just that this argument has kind of been had before.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

What he said.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Your roster is pretty similar to the human team (though probably more different from the humans than the Dark and High elves are from each other) so I think you'd be better off using them as a proxy human team.

I have seen a great fantasy Ogre maneater so i think you could do a very cool Brettonian ogre conversion, it doesn't fit the fluff of the current fantasy army but does fit the BB 2nd edition fluff which has always been my favourite.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
SIRSEAN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SIRSEAN »

Thanks for your ideas

OK, I'll use them as a human team.

I'll post some pics as soon as I find the camera.

graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by graeme27uk »

The only one thing consistent with any forum, not just BB forums. Eveyone agrees to disagree. :P

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

graeme27uk wrote:The only one thing consistent with any forum, not just BB forums. Eveyone agrees to disagree. :P

i agree :D

Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

graeme27uk wrote:The only one thing consistent with any forum, not just BB forums. Eveyone agrees to disagree. :P

Or we disagree to agree.

MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

SIRSEAN wrote:Thanks for your ideas

Or proxy 'em with Orc team rules. Your Kinights are already Orc Blitzers :wink:

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

MKL wrote:

That's not actually a bad idea, although figuring out what Brettonians to use as Black Orcs would be tough. :)

MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

Corvidius wrote:
MKL wrote:

That's not actually a bad idea, although figuring out what Brettonians to use as Black Orcs would be tough. :)
mmm... Burly Oversized Barons? :smoking:

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Here was the count as rules I think works surprising well for Brettonians using the Orc roster. They are better armoured than the normal human team and thus slower.

Knights errant – Linemen
Knights of the Realm – Blitzers
Questing Knights (they have 2 handed weapons in fantasy so higher ST and hit last) – Black Orcs
Squires – Throwers
Peasants – Goblins

No troll, though I suppose he could be a confused merc ogre who thinks he’s a knight and is blessed by the lady to explain really stupid and regen. That doesn’t fit the current Brett fluff since they don’t use allies but is fun.

Varag would make a great grail knight as well.

I have always loved the “counts as” rule in both fantasy and 40K as it allows you to be creative and the list is totally legal, it also helps avoid confusion by springing a new roster on your opponent.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Nikolai II
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nikolai II »

spubbbba wrote:Here was the count as rules I think works surprising well for Brettonians using the Orc roster. They are better armoured than the normal human team and thus slower.

Knights errant – Linemen
Knights of the Realm – Blitzers
Questing Knights (they have 2 handed weapons in fantasy so higher ST and hit last) – Black Orcs
Squires – Throwers
Peasants – Goblins

No troll, though I suppose he could be a confused merc ogre who thinks he’s a knight and is blessed by the lady to explain really stupid and regen. That doesn’t fit the current Brett fluff since they don’t use allies but is fun.

Varag would make a great grail knight as well.

I have always loved the “counts as” rule in both fantasy and 40K as it allows you to be creative and the list is totally legal, it also helps avoid confusion by springing a new roster on your opponent.
Nice one. :)

And since you can make perfectly workable orc teams without any goblins or trolls at all if you want to, it is even easier - no need to explain why peasants are so runty. ;)

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

I approve of everything spubbbba listed. That's a brilliant idea. I HATE Bretonnians, but I wouldn't mind this in the slightest.