Yet another bretonnian team

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Yet another bretonnian team

Post by spubbbba »

Nikolai II wrote: And since you can make perfectly workable orc teams without any goblins or trolls at all if you want to, it is even easier - no need to explain why peasants are so runty. ;)
Well if you compare the fantasy battle stats of goblins to peasants they are about as bad as each other. I think gobbos have better ballistic skill but worse initiative, though it depends if it's men at arms or archers compared to common and night goblins.

So i'm sure a malnourished peasant could be as small and easily injured as a goblin but have learnt how to avoid getting beaten by his knightly masters.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I have always wanted to see a Bretonian team. But always one fitting the old feudal fluff and fiction around Brettonian, not the more recent questing knights and all that. Would have to be a poor 2nd tier team with notes about how good players swallow their class differences and go join more successful human teams (assuming they get a few tweaks to make them more successful).

Amnosity style rule to prevent too much interaction would be good.

The suggestions out there tend to make them a bit good whereas really these guys should ahve to embrace the century of the fruitbat to really stand a chance.

Something like
0-4 Blitzing knights (some sort of blitzer stat line and the amnosity style trait that prevents them from easily giving the ball to their social inferiors)
0-4 Retainers/men at arms (basically chaos marauder stat line and skill access as after all where do you think those marauders come from?)
0-16 Peasants (poor stats, certainly av 7, would consider either loner or all skill access requiring doubles represneting the amount of time lavishe don them by coach Lord so and so)
Suitable big guy

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi SirSean and Chris,
it's a pretty frequent thing that somebody asks here about a Bretonnian team - and gets told off, because they're the only ones who could want anything so stupid.

Chris, it sounds like you've seen my Bret roster.
It could easily be adapted to what you're thinking.
You're certainly thinking along very similar lines.
So, a fusion, of sorts:

0-4 Blitzer 7338 Block, Dauntless; GS [Removed MA and Catch]
0-4 Retainer 6337 Wrestle; GS [Removed AV]
0-16 Lineman 6327 Sneaky Git; G [Replaced Fend with SG]

I've tried Loner peasants, and the feedback was that it was quite unenjoyable.
Cheers
Martin :)

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I did see the team, I just thought it was 'a bit good'. Your design philosify (I can't spell) is very much for a better range of balance accross the races and I think your team fits that. I think I fall into the other camp of liking wide variations in ability (though would like to see buffs to humans, Khemri and Ogres in descending order of size of buff and importance! Oh and Amazons made a bit more interesting and long term).

I agree on loner when thinking about the games I've had with smashed Skaven teams online now. Those loner linerats failing to use team re-rolls on dodges really suck...

The sneaky git idea is certainly one way of looking at peasants. A somewhat different approach to peasants is to go with the line that they could only get strength skills - the whole big dumb peasant approach. Clearly the Lord only picks the burlist locals to support him on the team, so 6/3/3/7 Normal=strength doubles=AGP.

I guess a big problem is to keep them interesting in the long term. Does ag 2 make them a bit too much of a chore? Would highlight I suppose the rarity of ball handling but make them too cheap?

Sadly Amnosity is written wrongly to use on knights (perhaps should have been worded to be based around player type or descriptor rather than race to allow people on the same race but different backgrounds to have problems).

But anyway, who indeed would want a Brettonian team? A mix of aristocratic glory and underclass serfs being forced to compete in Blood bowl? No one really wants that :)

And what sort of big guys do you get in Bretonian anyway?

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

There's plasmoid...Darkson, you're up. You've got 5 words. :D

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Fibble bibble bibble bobble bob.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

And here I am again Burgun.
Look, I'm flipping you something. No, it's not a burger.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

:lol: You're such a sweetheart Martin.