Sneaky Git change.

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Sneaky Git change.

Post by Aliboon »

Whilst reading various threads discussing how overpowered ClawPOMB is, it occurred to me that going prone isn't that much of a risk in LRB given that fouling has been nerfed.

Seeing as Sneaky Git isn't a very good skill, I thought that it could be adjusted to work in the same way as Claw, i.e. reduces the AV of a fouled player to 7, representing the Sneaky Git being good at finding chinks in armour.

Too much?

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Sneaky Git change.

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Seriously ... you are looking at the first skill for every Halfling and Goblin and Snotling. I'd run 16 man teams and foul every turn.

So the question is ... do I then also get fouling assists ... if I do ... I'll gladly foul every turn with a 40k or less player with AG access.

The fouling rules were optimized so that the risk of ejection was less than KO'd+ if you fouled against effective AV 6. So that means that a player with Sneaky Git and one fouling assist would always have higher odds of KO'd+ plus against the player on the ground than they do with ejection.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

GalakStarscraper wrote: So the question is ... do I then also get fouling assists ... if I do ... I'll gladly foul every turn with a 40k or less player with AG access.

Tom

... You make it sound as if that was a bad thing ....:P

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

To be honest, buffing stunties is the least of my concerns about the viability of the change, sneaky git wont help at all against AV7 teams and rather than stunties loading up on side-step and DT, it would give them another good skill option. I was more concerned with buffing elves and harming non-mutating high AV teams (although it could be argued that orcs and dwarves could do with a hit).

Fouling may be designed to match KO+s with AV6, but a half decent coach will ensure that their prone ClawPOMBer can't be gangfouled to get enough assists to reduce their AV by that much anyway, so whilst the mechanic does what its meant to do, I'm not convinced that in a real game situation it's that easy to get enough assists.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

What about keeping sneaky git as it is except you can use assists like guard as has been suggested before.

But you add a pile-on piling on skill. It lets you re-roll the armour or injury roll for a foul but if if you get doubles on any of the rolls you get sent off. :D

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

spubbbba wrote:What about keeping sneaky git as it is except you can use assists like guard as has been suggested before.

But you add a pile-on piling on skill. It lets you re-roll the armour or injury roll for a foul but if if you get doubles on any of the rolls you get sent off. :D
That sounds familiar to the trait I suggested in that other thread ;)

I think if you re-roll Av or inj and get sent off on any (so up to 4x 2d6 rolls) of them then the skill would need a name change like blatent cheat ;)

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Sneaky git is fine, it almost halves your chances of getting sent off.

If you want to buff it then just add a defensive component like cancels Dirty Player or something like that.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Corvidius,
you seem like a "the glass is half full" kind of guy :D
I know a lot of people who think the skill stinks.
Just saying :)

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

plasmoid wrote:Hi Corvidius,
absolutely. :) Optimism is the defining characteristic of any stunty coach. My snotlings regularly take sneaky git, not saying it's the best skill in the world but it's like Thick Skull in that regard. :)

Only just occurred to me that Thick Skull is probably the closest analogous skill.

garion

Post by garion »

Corvidius wrote:
absolutely. :) Optimism is the defining characteristic of any stunty coach. My snotlings regularly take sneaky git, not saying it's the best skill in the world but it's like Thick Skull in that regard. :)

Only just occurred to me that Thick Skull is probably the closest analogous skill.

Agreed, they both stink ;)

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

garion wrote:
Corvidius wrote:

Agreed, they both stink ;)
Lol, fair enough. :)

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

Only if you fail to break AV, which sort of defeats the point of the skill really :) :) If you're fouling and meaning it, it'll only save you on 1,1 and 2,2.

Stunties are the only players I would even consider taking it on and even then it'd probably be a waste of TV. Is a sneaky git snot really worth twice the TV of a rookie!?

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Aliboon wrote:
Only if you fail to break AV, which sort of defeats the point of the skill really :) :) If you're fouling and meaning it, it'll only save you on 1,1 and 2,2.

Stunties are the only players I would even consider taking it on and even then it'd probably be a waste of TV. Is a sneaky git snot really worth twice the TV of a rookie!?
I don't think a Snotling is worth 20k so anything is a bonus. On an ogre team or other stunty team you normally can't afford to be taking players out of position to get the av down to 5. Having Sneaky Git means a single snot can kick someone with little to fear, if he fails then no worries. If he succeeds then that snot was definitely worth it. It's not epic but it does allow you chance the odds a bit.

neverworking
Veteran
Veteran

Post by neverworking »

What about adding a component to Sneaky Git that gave the player a chance to sneak out of the dungeon and back into the reserves box? Say 4+ on d6. This could be a one time chance or an every drive chance. you'd still be risking being short handed for the drive but less likely to be short handed for the game.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Sure - on a 1 MNG as you are turned over to the local law enforcement to go in a more secure facility, 2-4 no effect, 5+ back in the reserves.

Or just bring back arguing the call (with a -1 to brillant coaching if you are sent off as well of course)... :)