An alternative human team with all positions

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

An alternative human team with all positions

Post by Chris »

In the vien of pro elves what would the effect of an all rounder human team be - all rounder in the sense it includes all the blood bowl positions?

So (edited from feedback below)

0-2 Blockers GS/AP 5/3/3/9 Block 70k
0-2 Runners GA/PS 7/3/3/8 Sure Hands 80k
0-2 Catchers GA/PS 8/2/3/7 Catch, Dodge 60k
0-2 Blitzers GS/AP 7/3/3/8 Block 90k
0-2 Throwers GP/AS 6/3/3/8 Sure Hands, Pass 70k
0-16 Linemen G/APS 6/3/3/8 50k
Ogre 140k
RR 50k

I admit I am not sure about the runner stats (7/3/3/8? 8/3/3/7?) but like sure hands and would ga/sp be better than AP/GS skill access (which seems more flavourful, then again humans are supposed to be all rounders so losing g might not make sense). Also don't know if the catchers should have AV 8 as in the suggested normal human team change (which I note doesn't actually match the model), or now the team is slightly up armoured it isn't an issue any more.

Reason: ''
Lamanzer
Rookie
Rookie

Re: An alternative human team with all positions

Post by Lamanzer »

Humans are weak because they cannot open gap to attack or defend.

To be more interresting they need St4 players.
So, drop 2 catchers to add 2 blockers

0-2 Blocker 4 4 2 9 GS /AP (like Black Orcs)

If somebody think it's too much, drop ogre or 2 Blitzers.

[url=http://pagesperso-orange.fr/akc/bbindex.htm]Ligue Centrale de Blood Bowl[/url]
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

If the issue for you is strength you can simply add more strength access somehow. At low TR the humans are fine, they just are a bit naff when everyone else is skilled up.

Lamanzer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lamanzer »

We are playing in a perpetual league :wink:

[url=http://pagesperso-orange.fr/akc/bbindex.htm]Ligue Centrale de Blood Bowl[/url]
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I like, basically... how about this?

0-16 Linemen (as-is)
0-2 Throwers
0-2 Catchers
0-2 Blitzers (Keep @ 90k)
0-2 Blockers: 5/3/3/9 Block GS 70k
0-2 Runners: 7/3/3/8 Dodge GA 90k

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I think allowing runners dodge is a bit much. I would prefer to see them as distinct from catchers a bit more. In a way I see them more like fast throwers than slow catchers.

What do you think of the skill picks AP/GS - so these chaps are trained to run with the ball.

Nikolai II
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nikolai II »

I'd prefer GP/AS on the runners with dodge. I really dislike removing G access from others than stunties or ST5 guys.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I figured GA access would be best for them, as they're really as much like alternative Blitzers as anything, or thought of another way, a do-it-all hybrid player, like a H-Back or TE in American FB. Wrestle, SS is a likely combo for one; the other might go Block-SS instead. Remember, we're trying to improve the team.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

mattgslater wrote:I like, basically... how about this?

0-16 Linemen (as-is)
0-2 Throwers
0-2 Catchers
0-2 Blitzers (Keep @ 90k)
0-2 Blockers: 5/3/3/9 Block GS 70k
0-2 Runners: 7/3/3/8 Dodge GA 90k
Given all the other threads I have read now on humans how about:-
0-2 Blockers GS/AP 5/3/3/9 Block 70k
0-2 Runners GA/PS 7/3/3/8 Sure Hands 80k
0-2 Catchers GA/PS 8/2/3/7 Catch, Dodge 60k
0-2 Blitzers GS/AP 7/3/3/8 Block 90k
0-2 Throwers GP/AS 6/3/3/8 Sure Hands, Pass 70k
0-16 Linemen G/APS 6/3/3/8 50k
Ogre 140k
RR 50k

An alternative for blockers is to start with stand firm, but this wouldn't help them progress much!

And I'll probably use kickers for the runners (so use a 2nd ed team - just need to find a couple more old figs!).

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Can I win kickers cheaply on ebay, can I hell...

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

simply looking at the Norse Runner:

Human Runner 7337 GA/SP for 90k and 2 skills more "human" would work.
Considering the fact that you want them to run the ball, what about: NOS/Dump Off as the two starting skills?

They wouldn't replace the blitzer at blitzing, or the catchers at catching... they would RUN the ball.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Greyhound wrote:simply looking at the Norse Runner:

Human Runner 7337 GA/SP for 90k and 2 skills more "human" would work.
Considering the fact that you want them to run the ball, what about: NOS/Dump Off as the two starting skills?

They wouldn't replace the blitzer at blitzing, or the catchers at catching... they would RUN the ball.
The idea is that they would be a bit different to the av7 runners out there (and they are numerous). Sure hands improves ball handling then you can develop as you see fit.

Dump off is of course a passing skill so would be a bit of an oddity - and really is a safety skill - is that needed for a human team. And isn't so much running the ball as getting rid of it! I think its utility also would fade as you get blodge and ultimately contribute to that high tv drop off a bit.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I don't like the Sure Hands Runners on a team with Sure Hands Throwers. I think the Runners should get some other Runner skill. Fend would be fun. Or Side Step. Those are (good) #3 skill options as opposed to Block or Dodge, so 80k rather than 90k.

I also think we should keep it to 6x 70k and 4x 90k, so the Runners should be good. That's initially why I thought a Blitzer profile with Dodge for Block would be fun. Added bonus, it keeps the funny skills away and keeps the basic Human template focused on basic skills.

Hmmmm... what about one of these pairings?

Runner: 7/3/3/8 GA 70k
Blocker: 6/3/3/9 Block, Dauntless GS 90k

Runner: 7/3/3/8 Fend GA 80k
Blocker: 6/3/3/9 Block GS 80k

I like the top one best. And before you ask, I don't like the idea of a Fend Runner and a MA5 Dauntless Blocker. IMO, he would have too much going on, too many deviations from the template (the Catcher, ugh, gets grandfathered in) and too Dwarf-like.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

That is an interesting idea.

Note I'm not to convinced by 90k players on the human team relative to other teams because of difficulties replacing them.

Minimal deviation from 6/3/3/8 though I like.

I would have the blocker at the 70k band though to aid replacement.

Something like
6/3/3/8 g Lineman base (50k)
6/3/3/8 gp sure hands, pass Thrower (70k)
6/3/3/9 gs block Blocker (70/80k)
8/?/3/? ga dodge? catch Catcher (70k?) - I would be up for 8/3/3/7 ga catch (80/90k) but thats a diff thread!
7/3/3/8 ga skill? Runner (80/90k) - if the catcher only had catch dodge would fit well here
7/3/3/8 gs block Blitzer (80/90k)

The overall cost of the human team is currently as you say 6x70, 4x90 Xx50. If you had the below the cost profile would be similar but without the same hit to re-buy pricey 90k players.
6/3/3/8 g Lineman base (50k)
6/3/3/8 gp sure hands, pass Thrower (70k)
6/3/3/9 gs block Blocker (70k)
8/3/3/7 ga catch Catcher (80k)
7/3/3/8 ga dodge Runner (80k)
7/3/3/8 gs block Blitzer (80k)
If you wanted identical pricing you could have 90k blitzers again but I wouldn't!

Bludbowler
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Bludbowler »

If Orcs can have 0-4 Goblins on their rosters, then Human rosters should have 0-4 Halflings available as well to make things more interesting. Why should Trolls have all the fun? Let Ogres have a chance to open things up a little, too.

:)