An alternative human team with all positions

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: An alternative human team with all positions

Post by Chris »

What, no undead or former human teams :)

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Lol, good point.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
dzigany
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dzigany »

I like the idea of -10k blitzers, AV8 catchers and 40k re-rolls.

Then you get blitzer with a value in line with those of orcs. More durable catchers. And 40k RRs to reflect that human teams use skill and training to compensate for what they lack physically.
Those three changes are simple and should be enough to make them a force to be reckoned with and would be the easiest and quickest to implement.

On the other hand the idea of them having access to more positions is great. If so the should rely more on skills than stats i.e no AG4 or ST4.

Rhyoth
Veteran
Veteran

Re: An alternative human team with all positions

Post by Rhyoth »

As much as i used to love the idea of a human roster with all positionnals, 3 problems finally changed my mind :

1) I definitely think 10 positionnals is too much (and the more i look at Dark Elves and Orcs, the more i'd like to cut 2 positionnals from them as well...)

2) Between blitzers, catchers and throwers, there is simply no room for runners : if you create Runners with Sure Hand, he'll simply steal the thrower's job, otherwise, he'll probably end up stealing the catcher's one.

3) what bugs me most in the current Human roster is ST 2 players. Yet, it's extremely complicated to include both Runnners and ST 3 Catchers in the same roster (this will simply cost too much).

So, IMO, it would be better to cut the Runner : instead, i think it would be more intersting to simply give + 1 ST to Catchers and A skills to Blitzers, ending up with something like this :

0-16 Linemen G/APS 6/3/3/8 50k
0-2 Throwers GP/AS 6/3/3/8 Sure Hands, Pass 70k
0-2 Blockers GS/AP 5/3/3/8 Block, Dauntless* 70k
0-2 Blitzers GAS/P 7/3/3/8 Block 90k
0-2 Catchers GA/PS 8/3/3/7 Catch, Dodge 90k
0-1 Ogre 140k

*may be replaced by something else, like Tackle or +1 AV. I tend to prefer Dauntless because it will be easier to run a team without an Ogre.

I think such roster fits perfectly to human standards : versatile and balanced between agilty and bash, without including any weird stat.

dzigany
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dzigany »

Yes, I think most positionals that are now 0-4 should be lowered to 0-2. Or at least 0-3. Or maybe a rule that you can not field more than 6 positionals in one drive. You can have more as reserves but not on the field at once.