Review of next catagory. Strength skills

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Tritex
Legend
Legend

Re: Review of next catagory. Strength skills

Post by Tritex »

I agree with the Good skills as these are certainly the most useful.

The strong arm I always really saw as a passing ability but it does allow big guys to access a throwing skill they wouldnt otherwise be able to. (hence it has to stay in strength skills as to allow big guys direct access to passing skills can be silly) :P

Multi block- I have never used myself effectively but then I rarely utilise deathrollers or big guys with strength enough to take advantage of it.

Break tackle is good for big guys and have used this quite a bit in leagues in the past

Juggernaut. not really had any experience of but its balanced.

Grab and thickskull I dont have any problem with but not my choice. Grab specifically can be very useful for positioning players to frenzy, or push away from an assist or even to help with pushing your players to help them get within touchdown range.

Reason: ''
Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

cbbakke wrote:I have played in 5 online leagues, 1 table top league and more MM then I care to talk about. In all those settings. I have only seen it taken a few times.
So you've mainly played in forms of the game for which it wasn't designed for, and then you say it doesn't get taken often.

Do you not see the connection?

I've seen it in plenty of tabletop leagues, where winning was the objective, rather than killing.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
cbbakke
Cupcake

Post by cbbakke »

Darkson wrote:
cbbakke wrote:I have played in 5 online leagues, 1 table top league and more MM then I care to talk about. In all those settings. I have only seen it taken a few times.
So you've mainly played in forms of the game for which it wasn't designed for, and then you say it doesn't get taken often.

Do you not see the connection?

I've seen it in plenty of tabletop leagues, where winning was the objective, rather than killing.

People don't play to win in the OCC and SVS? They don't play to win in a table top league? What form was this game designed for exactly then?