My beef with the bank!

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: My beef with the bank!

Post by mattgslater »

I've been wondering if 10% of TV wouldn't be better than a hard number.

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

I stayed off and had a serious think about why I hate it, and why some of you love the idea so much. I'm still not sold that there isn't a better way.

I see it penalising High Turn over teams because they can't build the treasury they need....
It will punish Low Turn over teams, and I accept that it will do so in just the right ways, but I would hate to see the rest get cut with the same sword.

After mulling it over, I think that you could/should set the Bank at 200 or 250.
That lets the High Turn Over teams build a significant safety net...
It also lets the Low Turn Over teams do so as well, but spiralling expenses will prevent it from becoming an issue.
(honestly it will, seen it myself)

If the issue is Treasuries in the 300+ bracket, then make the bank suitably large.
I guess when I boil it down, that's the bit I hate so much... the small bank size makes it seem like something that will affect too many matches. A rule to hamper "League Play" shouldn't imbalance "Match Play".

~ bouf - Find me on Board Game Geek
Or find me on YouTube!
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

I see it penalising High Turn over teams because they can't build the treasury they need....
I see this as self-contradictory. High turnover teams can't build their treasury because they are high turnover teams. As I said before, my 40+ game DElf team hasn't gone above 150k at all. I currently have a 13-man roster (several carrying injuries) at 2100+ TV and 120k in the bank. The bank wouldn't have penalised me at all.