Crazy suggested Rewrite for the Amazons

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Crazy suggested Rewrite for the Amazons

Post by legowarrior »

So, I think that the Amazons are missing a big guy, but that would make the team even more powerful, so here is my suggestion that WILL FIX EVERY PROBLEM EVER!

0-16 50k Lineswomen 6/3/3/7 Fend, G/ASP
0-2 70k Throwers 6/3/3/7 Fend, Pass, GP/AS
0-4 80K Catchers 7/3/3/7 Fend, Catch, GA/SP
0-2 90K Blitzers 6/3/3/8 Fend, Block, GS/AP
0-1 140K Kroxigor 6/5/1/9 Loner, Bone-Head, Mighty Blow, Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull S/GAP

Changes -
Replaced Dodge with Fend - Cause the team to become weaker overall, but still an overall defensive skill
Catchers - Changed the number from 2 to 4, making the team less bashy and more of a running team. Also increased the movement to 7, to reflect that the team play a more running strategy and increased the cost by 10 to make up for it.
Blitzers - With the loss of the Dodge/Block Combo, the the Blitzers gains 8 armor, allowing them to stand up to hits easier. The number available was reduced from 4 to 2, to reflect the teams new emphasis on running.
Kroxigor - Added to the team, because a big guy is cool, and Kroxigors are the best. Also, fits with the theme, since the Amazons are from the same region as the Lizardmen.

Reason: ''
Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Crazy suggested Rewrite for the Amazons

Post by Chris »

So you don't like the whole hail mary pass diving catch idea that floats about?

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Nah, this was my off the cuff idea to make the Amazons more interest (differing stats across players), but keeping it with the general format of other teams (throwers get pass, catchers get catch). Also, a big guy. Not usually a fan, but the Kroxigor is a cool big guy to have, and the Amazon fluff makes it fit.

Juriel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Juriel »

Just getting rid of ALL Dodge and still keeping all but 2 blitzers at AV7 certainly nerfs them, but it's not an improvement on the overall design. Amazons hit the glass ceiling pretty fast anyway, and they already suffer at high TV, and would do so worse with this change.

And I say that as someone who loves Fend, and would want human linemen to start with it, to give that team their own unique strength. Mobility without spamming Dodge is a nice goal, but not with AV7.

Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

This roster is now awful. Dodge was what made the team good and in some ways unique. Having dodge on all the players is not the problem, it is the stat line that makes them so boring. Why even have positionals, if you are going to have all 6337.

What needs to happen is someone think of some cool fluffy positonals. I know nothing about amazons, but if you were to have like a cheetah warrior instead of a catcher as an example. Take the Norse route and make some awesome players. Ulfwerener, yes! Yhetee, yes!

So who is our Amazon fluff expert?

-glam

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I’ve seen some rosters with an extra positional such as huntress, kind of like a dark elf assassin with shadowing and/or stab or possibly even strip ball.

Personally I prefer an Ogress in place of the kroxigor, something like Bertha Bigfist but toned down a bit. Seems more appropriate than a Krox as lizzies and slaan already have that.

The other option is to give zons some unique skills, there are a few of the less common ones they could have that are useful but usually left till later. Something like Grab, Strong Arm, HMP, diving catch etc.

The main thing to change is that there needs to be more of a difference between the positionals and linemen, adding 1 skill and the relevant skill access is really dull.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

There is some interesting stuff here:

http://battlereporter.blogspot.com/2010 ... -army.html

Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

What about this:

0-16 Linewoman 6337 Dodge 50k G (normal)
0-4 Piranha Warrior 7337 Dodge, Shadowing 70k GA (Piranha helmet and camo looking)
0-2 Eagle Warrior 7337 Dodge, Kick-Off Return, Pass Block, Sure Hands 110k GP (Eagle headdress)
0-2 Huntress 6438 Claw, Dauntless, Guard, Wild Animal 130k GS (Amazing Amazon on a Jaguar, more armored)

60k RR

Edited:
0-2 to 0-4 PW, lowered cost to 70k

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Interesting but clearly if you ride something thats 2 players :)

Few too many skills on starting players surely?

Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

Chris wrote:Interesting but clearly if you ride something thats 2 players :)

Few too many skills on starting players surely?

I see no great leap from riding a Jaguar onto the pitch than from riding a DEATH ROLLER onto the pitch...

Was thinking of moving pass block to the piranha warrior.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Glamdryn wrote:This roster is now awful. Dodge was what made the team good and in some ways unique. Having dodge on all the players is not the problem, it is the stat line that makes them so boring. Why even have positionals, if you are going to have all 6337.

What needs to happen is someone think of some cool fluffy positonals. I know nothing about amazons, but if you were to have like a cheetah warrior instead of a catcher as an example. Take the Norse route and make some awesome players. Ulfwerener, yes! Yhetee, yes!

So who is our Amazon fluff expert?

-glam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lustria

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

Original roster is ok, would be a big nerf though, certainly tier 2, possibly even tier 3. I can't see anyone really wanting to play them tbh, they aren't "fun" and I doubt they would be very effective either.

Give all the players A access and they might be worth playing a bit more.

I don't have a problem with giving the catchers and blitzers dodge > fend either. The original zon blitzers are expensive at 90k, the new ones are an even worse deal.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Well the trick seems to be both making them weaker to start with and better in the long run. Fun :)

The base stat line is 6/3/3/7

I think long term A access would help development. They don't need a big guy.

Also I quite like the proposed 'passing' human team idea.

So the bargin basement team.

0-16 40k Linewomen 6/3/3/7 ga/ps
0-2 70k Throwers 6/3/3/7 Hail Mary Pass, Sure Hands gp/as
0-2 70k Catchers 8/2/3/7 Diving Catch, Dodge ga/ps
0-4 90k Blitzers 7/3/3/7, Block, Dodge gas/p
RR - 60k (no jokes about not working together well...)

I would be tempted to have 0-4 catchers and 0-2 blitzers but many will have already painted their models to be the current split. There are quite a few starting skills to try and make up for high attrition.

The other option is the start with skills one like currently. That for me would be fend as is oft suggested.

0-16 50k Linewomen 6/3/3/7 Fend ga/ps
0-2 60k Throwers 6/3/3/7 Hail Mary Pass, Fend gp/s
0-2 80k Catchers 8/2/3/7 Diving Catch, Dodge, Fend ga/ps
0-4 80k Blitzers 7/3/3/7, Block, Fend gas/p
RR - 60k

Here you have slightly cheaper positionals and more expensive base players. This is to try and get round the problem on replacing them at higher tvs - something humans also suffer from.

Woolanemone
Rookie
Rookie

Crazier suggested Rewrite for the Amazons

Post by Woolanemone »

I think the simplest option to fix the team is to just give everybody the experimental Right Stuff and then raise the costs of the linewomen and blitzers by 10k. The experimental Right Stuff prevents Tackle from nullifying Dodge when you're being blocked, and would allow the Amazons to keep their basic team identity against Dwarfs and at higher TVs where teams are more likely to have Dodge and/or Tackle. And because they're now more expensive than most linemen, that's as good as any reason to give linewomen GA access. I guess throwers can have GAP access too so they don't feel left out.

0-16 60k Linewomen 6/3/3/7 Dodge, Right Stuff GA
0-2 70k Throwers 6/3/3/7 Dodge, Pass, Right Stuff GAP
0-2 70k Catchers 6/3/3/7 Catch, Dodge, Right Stuff GA
0-4 100k Blitzers 6/3/3/7 Block, Dodge, Right Stuff GS
Same 50k Rerolls

An issue with this setup is that catchers are now barely any different from linewomen at any SPP level, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to keep old functionality around if it isn't hurting anything. I guess you could give them GAP for uh...Nerves? Nerves of Steel is a catchy skill. On the other hand, it opens up crazy new strategies with Bertha and Morg.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I think throwing amazons is a bit much...