Crazy suggested Rewrite for the Amazons

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Crazy suggested Rewrite for the Amazons

Post by Chris »

Shteve0 wrote:Whaaaaaat? Compare the numbers. On a zon roster you can pick up 2 catchers, a thrower, 2 blitzers and 6 linewomen for 690k. For the cheapest elf team - Elves - thats going to set you back 850k. Thats 160k difference, and these guys are AHEAD on the skill curve. What the current roster lacks is the pace (i think ive addressed that) to match, and that +AG. What they gain is bodies and natural S access on 4 blitzers (vs the 2 elf blitzers with no natural S access), plus every player is harder to take down in a fight.

With an accurate thrower and diving catch on a catcher or two, this side is equally capable of pulling off a passing play as an out of the box pro elf team, and has better attrition. Granted, 11 vs 11 in a developed league the elves are in theory superior, but natural guard and mighty blow access, or even JU/PO, on 4 players - plus an assumed headstart on treasury and inducements - should help out. I'd have to see the numbers to be convinced these guys would fall too far behind on long term win %.
It really is a big difference starting with 4 instead of 3 in a skill. Elves with Ag 4 are better than ag 3 skilled players even in mid term development. Same as Norse discovered in the bash game. So you can push that point back depending on how you start them and you will need developed players available for purchase because you will die a lot. But how to balance that strong skilled start vs the long game?

Not convinced the above does that. Oh course currently amazons are all strong start and little else!

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Yeah, I'm not looking for a tier 0 roster, just sonething flexible, charachterful and unique. Tier 1.5, perhaps. Current zons are fun short term but are dead development wise. I think these guys have more legs.

Incidentally, thoughts on this human catcher?

Catcher 7 3 3 7 Catch, Sure Feet GA 70k

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I do think the human catcher should stay at 8/2/3/? - not sure about armour. They really should be faster than a blitzer to remain distinct.

I have amused myself thinking up how the team could be different for each edition.
So 3rd ed catchers 0-2 7/3/3/7 catch, dodge GA/SP (hard to see past those 2 starting skills) as big heavy looking models.
Then 4th 0-4 either 8/2/3/7 catch, dodge and cheaper or 8/2/3/8 catch dodge.

The other possibilities don't really grab me, I prefer to see more outside the box catchers on the amazons...

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

7337 catch, sure feet is faster than a blitzer, non?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I thought blitzers were 7/3/3/8 - so the same speed, though would go further more reliably.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

"You say potato, I say pottaaaaaato"

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm saying - your catchers will potentially move more squares than your blitzers, every turn