Risk-based SPP advancement (with clearer explanation)

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Risk-based SPP advancement (with clearer explanation)

Post by legowarrior »

yggdrasil wrote:I agree that players taking actions just for the sake of getting SPP if they succeed is something I really wouldn't want to enable too much. Currently it is quite difficult to do since most of the ways of getting SPP are either something you want to do to win the game anyway (scoring, causing casualties) or rely on your opponent doing something (interceptions). The only time I've seen a coach doing something pointless just for the SPP was someone passing the ball for no reason just before they were about to score, in order to get the completed pass bonus - and even that carries a risk of dropping the ball, then being unable to pick it up again and losing the touchdown.

If a player got SPP for successfully dodging, it would result in players dodging around for no in-game reason other than trying to get SPP, which would be a bad thing for the game in my view.
I don't know, I've seen tons of people block for no reason other then to gain SPP from the casualty. Dodge seems just as important and getting an awesome dodge has enough 'WOW' factor to merit SPP if you ask me, and has more merit then 5 guys ganging up to gank a zombie.
And, like passing or unnecessary blocking, dodge has a risk. If you want the SPP, you risk ending your turn early. It's true right now with passing, and blocking. It'll also means that non claw teams can get a little SPP for doing things other then killing the opponent.

Reason: ''
the.tok
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Risk-based SPP advancement (with clearer explanation)

Post by the.tok »

I like the purpose your trying to achieve, but as some other said, impractical for TT. A middle-of-the-road solution could be to give somme SPP for KO, catching, sacking a ball-carrier, picking the ball making 2 dice against blocks...
I mean, expand a little bit the list of SPP generating actions, but not as much as you said

And I don't like the MVP too much either. 1SPP per match fully played would sound better to me...
It just doesn't feel right when you have a lineman that gets blocked on the LOS on each kick-off, ten games in a row and still doesn't learn anything from it :)

Reason: ''