Cheerleaders and assistant coach don't seem that good...

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

Cheerleaders and assistant coach don't seem that good...

Post by Chris »

I would like them to have more effect and as a consequnce cost more...

Cheerleaders seem simple enough. Make them affect more rolls on the kick off table and how many fans come to the match.

I would suggest
Add the number of fans and cheerleaders to the gate roll (obviously more people will turn up to watch a match with a big cheerleading squad present!)

Cheering fans (as is)
Riot - if the half is not at the end or start roll a D6, add fame and cheerleaders and the winning coach chooses wether to move the turn marker forward or back.
Throw a rock - add both fame and cheerleaders to see who is inspired most to throw the rock especially hard!

Cheerleaders would cost perhaps 20 or 30 k?

Assistant coaches are harder. Nothing springs to mind other than bringing back the old arguing the call.
Brillant coaching would then become add 1 for each head assistant coach not dismissed from the sideline. The arguing the call role would come back which means if one or more players are being sent off the coaching team may argue the call. If the ref sends them off the player may choose which coaching staff member is throw out. The old roll was 1 - coach sent off, 2-5 nothing happens, 6 player not sent off. Doesn't seem that dramatic and I doubt anyone would have more than 1 assistant coach. Maybe bring it back and make it more dramatic? Something like 1-3 coaching team member sent off, 4 no affect, 5-6 call argued?

Under such a system charge 40-50k per assistant coach?

Reason: ''
Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Cheerleaders and assistant coach don't seem that good...

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

If you have 3x Cheerleaders and 3x Assistant Coaches more than your opponent, on the two most statistically common Kick-Off results other than Changing Weather you're almost guaranteed a free Re-Roll, barring strange FAME effects.

How is that not good?

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Because you are giving away 60k in inducements? For a less than 1/3 chance of a re-roll? In fact it is somewhat less than that given that fame also has a role.

Of all the above the one I like the most actually is cheerleaders adding to fan factor - seems the most logical!

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

It's 1/3 chance to get the RR each drive. To that end they are more use for high scoring teams than low scoring ones. I did some maths on this a while back and concluded that 2 more of each than your opponent is probably worth it if you anticipate a high scoring game. I need to revisit/refresh that though.

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

In the world cup, one of each is much like the poor mans rr, denying and getting you re-rolls pretty cheap. Actually think most of my opponents got value for the buck out of their 2 tr worth of staff.

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Interesting. My typical setup with Amazons starts me with four blitzers and eight linos, four rerolls and 40k left over that I usually just bank (for a guaranteed apoth after game 1). Would there be merit in starting three rerolls and an apoth, then adding two each of cheerleaders and assistants to try for an ingame reroll advantage? Or is the money better spent on FF?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Ullis
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ullis »

How about combining them as a single "cheerleaders and assistant coaches" and making that effective for both 6 and 8 rolls on the kick off table. In effect this halves their price so would it be too good?

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

I'd rather have 1 each cheerleaders & coaches than a fan factor of 2. Buying coaches and cheerleaders early can be handy as well because you can dump them later if necessary to trim tv