Moving Agility-skills to Double for DE

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

zerodemon
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Moving Agility-skills to Double for DE

Post by zerodemon »

The reason elf players spam blodge is simple. They have to. If they don't, the teams swiftly fall apart as low armor and poor strength make them in to victims of nasty black orcs and chaos warriors.

Reason: ''
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

I would agree, but:
Human Lineman: 6338 G
H/D Elf Lineman: 6348 GA

The HE/DE is better equipped to get away already with AG4. If you're going to take away A access then I'd suggest reducing cost to 60k to make them easier to replace, more in line with the Human.

dines
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dines »

If the elven linemen becomes cheaper, I'm not sure it will be a nerf to the elves..

FUMBBL nick: Metalsvinet
Juriel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Juriel »

Getting them cheaper is a laughable idea, as that will just help the rest of the team do even better, while lineman performance won't exactly get worse, just different. Because elf linemen losing A access will just make them more offensive, with Wrestle/Dauntless/etc rather than Wrestle/Dodge.

That said, blodge all over is so boring (even when playing elves yourself, because it's the best development plan for everyone), any change to that would be welcome.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

If they don't get cheaper then replacing them will be harder, and DE have a hard enough time maintaining cash reserves as it is. Not making them cheaper would be a long-term nerf.

Rhyoth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rhyoth »

I don't think there is anything wrong with DE linemen : High Elves have the same and nothing suggest they need a nerf.
on a side note, i don't think Dodge is mandatory for all DE/HE linemen : if the team already have a fair number of Blodger, it can be quite valuable to skip Dodge on some of them, especially in a Dwarf/Tackle heavy league (but they would still need Side Step though).

For me, if there is a problem with DE, it's because of the positionnals : 6 of them can be Blodger after one skill up, which means DE can develop and maintain a(n almost) full squad of Blodger/Wrodger much more easily than any other Elf team.
That, imo, make the team a bit too good, and way too popular compared to other Elf teams, especially their High Elf counterpart.

Worse, after those 6 "early Blodgers" are hired, there is almost no room left for Assassins/Runners ; personnaly, i think it's a shame because seeing these guys more often would give much more flavor to the roster .

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Agreed 100% Rhyoth,
that's another goos reason to go:
0-2 Blitzers 7348 Block
0-2 Assassins 7348 Stab

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Rhyoth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rhyoth »

plasmoid wrote:Agreed 100% Rhyoth,
that's another goos reason to go:
0-2 Blitzers 7348 Block
0-2 Assassins 7348 Stab
That's definetely a good option, probably more balanced than mine. Still i prefer AV 7 Assassins for several reasons :
_ it fits it style better : sure DElfs have all sort of weird &/or magical protection, but still, the guy don't look heavily protected
_ it allows him to keep Shadowing, which gives him some flavor
_ i think the Runner deserve the AV increase more than him
_ personnally, i'd like to see DE being more challenging (at least more than other Elfs)
_ call me a worrywart if you want, but i'm concerned about Stab being too good on an AV8 guy...

dines
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dines »

Agree with Rhyoth both regarding the DE team and his proposition to fix them. AV8 doesn't fit the fluff of the assassins, but with the MA7, they might actually be used in DE teams.

FUMBBL nick: Metalsvinet
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No to DE linos losing A, no to DE Blitzers becoming 0-2, yes to Assassins getting MA7 and actually being worth taking, no to Assassins being AV8.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Darkson wrote:No to DE linos losing A, no to DE Blitzers becoming 0-2, yes to Assassins getting MA7 and actually being worth taking, no to Assassins being AV8.
+1

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Rhyoth,
not worth a big discussion. I like the simplicity of making the Assassins a blitzertype, thereby cutting the number of easy blodgers.

Darkson and Voyagers_uk - looking at your list, you don't want any nerfs, just a buff. Dark Elfs don't strike me as a team in need of any buffs. Not that it has to be nerfed either - but I think a pure buff would spell trouble.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Well, obviously the assassin's cost would increase* , but I just want to make it a position a player would regularly take, rather than something that's only taken at tournaments or by people "having a laugh".

* Or lose shadowing for something like Side Step or Fend - MA6 + Shadowing is just bad design.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Mossman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mossman »

plasmoid wrote:As an aside I've always wanted to go:
0-2 Blitzers 7348 Block
0-2 Assassins 7348 Stab

Cheers
Martin
I agree that they should only have 2 blitzers. Dark elves having 4 blitzers while all the other elf teams only have 2 is pretty illogical. Dark elves having a total of 10 positionals while all the other elf teams only have a total of 8 positionals is also pretty illogical. In LRB4 it was motivated to give dark elves 4 blitzers since otherwise they would only have had a total of 6 positionals instead of 8 like the other elf teams. But with 2 assassins added to the team there is no longer a reason to give them 4 blitzers.

So 2 blitzers should be removed and to compensate for that assassins should be made better. I think assassins should either be 6348 Stab, Shadowing for 90k or 7347 Stab, Shadowing for 90k.

Juriel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Juriel »

Replacing 2 Blitzers with 2 MA7 Assassins should do nicely, I think. It's a short-term nerf, but nudges them towards being somewhat different from other elfsies.