Garions Rules Finished

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Garions Rules Finished

Post by garion »

continuing nttb discussion in the correct thread.

No more about that here please.

Also adding a rule on friday to these rules - Stab doesn't ignore niggles any more.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Thief! ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
garion

Post by garion »

Oh and I'm also stealing the Passblock Jump Up combo lol :D

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

garion wrote:
spubbbba wrote:Is it any more stupid than babe with alcohol helping wake a player up and 2 of them being even more effective but a 3rd useless?
Yes it is more ridiculous. Alcohol has been used in the past to revive people. You will no doubt have seen this happen in many westerns and other films over the years.

However even if we over look this one change and forgive the smelly fluff that explains it. Then what about Pile On, there is no way you can explain how this skill would work when the rule is you can only Po when you broke the Av first time. It just doesn't make sense. LRB4 version makes sense and the CRP version makes sense, this doesnt at all.

I really think plasmoid should re-think the change, allow the stack etc, just make it so you have to roll from Av again. That way Claw wouldn't have to be made so vanilla and it would make sense.
I’ve always associated them and being the BB version of Beer Babes you get at American sporting events. I’d assumed this was so you could have miniatures rather than keeping the more “realistic” smelling salts from lrb4. I can’t say that I’ve ever seen someone revived by beer outside of cartoons, maybe strong spirits but salts would be better and you’d assume apothecaries would have those.

I think you are confusing fluff with game mechanics. As Darkson pointed out the interception rules don’t make sense as you can intercept the ball before it’s been thrown. But I don’t see this as an issue if that makes the game rules clearer and easier to follow. Let’s face it the game being turn based doesn’t make sense either really.

I see fluff as being the reasoning behind the theme for the teams. So that was why I didn’t like the Dryads on the fling team idea. But the amount of “canon” background we have is pretty slim really and much of it contradictory or open to interpretation.

So I think you would be better basing your proposals or objections to rules changes on how it would affect the game rather than saying it doesn’t fit the fluff. GW have something called “The rule of Cool” where if it means you make the game more fun or you get a groovy new model then it’s fine to bend or ret-con the fluff. Of course sometimes this goes too far such as snake surfers, space marines riding wolves or the Chaos daemons suddenly all being best friends with each other.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
garion

Post by garion »

Yup thats fair, but i dont think the mechanics of that rule change are good either. that discussion is continuing over on the NTTB thread.

This one is just for my rules again :)

Two new rules added (or will be on friday) - Jump up can be used in conjunction with pass block and stab doesnt ignore niggles.

cbbakke
Cupcake

Post by cbbakke »

Looked over your new rule book and there is a lot of very cool things in there. Keep up the great work.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

garion wrote:Oh and I'm also stealing the Passblock Jump Up combo lol :D
to be fair Darkson, I was the first to ask if this combo could be allowed.... Tom used to just say no a lot to me...

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Hey, I never claimed that one.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
garion

Post by garion »

Thanks, for the good feedback cbbakke.

I wasw also thinking about putting back the rule that players with the Big Guy skill get free access to Traits. It just makes them far far more useful, fits the fluff, because they are so strong and powerful they should be able to do a little more than your average Marauder etc...