NTBB Milestone!

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Re: NTBB Milestone!

Post by voyagers_uk »

dode74 wrote:No, I'm happy. Just being clear.

I love consistency, even if applied ironically :smoking:

Reason: ''
Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Anglakhel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Anglakhel »

Didn't I read something about FUMMBL being willing to implement some house rules?

Any chance of opening discussions with the FUMBBL powers-that-be to offer up the rules for testing in their own special section? Or is that how some of the testing has already been done?

Would be interesting to see the proposed NTBB rules get some serious play testing online.

dsavillian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dsavillian »

Anglakhel wrote:Didn't I read something about FUMMBL being willing to implement some house rules?

Any chance of opening discussions with the FUMBBL powers-that-be to offer up the rules for testing in their own special section? Or is that how some of the testing has already been done?

Would be interesting to see the proposed NTBB rules get some serious play testing online.
I know for sure they have the "foul your own assist" rule in place as an optional rule for league play. Not sure about the others.

Coach of the Fancy Lads
Blood Bowl League of Calgary
http://twitter.com/bloodbowlcgy
@dsavillian on twitter

It's called Blood Bowl, not Fun Bowl
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

plasmoid wrote:Hi Darkson,
there's a link in the first post if you want to see the rest 8)

As for the roster changes, you may remember spontaneously liking 3 of them about two weeks ago - though admittedly they weren't under the NTBB tag then.
Maybe you'll like some more if you check out the site :wink:

But hey, I'm perfectly happy not pleasing everyone.
Cheers
Martin
I'm taking the roster changes as a whole, as that's what they're being proposed as - there may (are) some changes in there I agree with, but as a whole it's a lot worse than what we have now imo.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nick_nameless »

Some guys will do just about anything to get a girl to lay down. :/

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I'd actually try the CRP+ stuff if I still had a TT league to try them with.

Not so sure about the Roster changes, except the three "agreed" ones at the end. Still, they're not AWFUL. I even quite like the Dwarf one now (this may be a huge contradiction to what I've said in the past. I have a lousy memory. I reserve my right to have changed my mind.)

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi all,

Thadrin - I actually think you've said before that you were OK with the dwarf change, so you're being consistent :)

Fanglord13 - sorry, as I'm in no position of authority, and the RuleBook isn't Living anymore, there's no way that this could go beyond house rule status.

Anglakhel - I'd love for NTBB to get tested in a FUMBBL subdivision. Unfortunately I have no real experience with or within the FUMBBL community, so I wouldn't know who to contact, nor do I think my word would have much work. Anyone who could swing this? :orc:

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

These have already been added to FUMBBL and are available to commisioners to use when they set up a [L]eague:

The options are:
1) Sneaky Git works as like Guard for fouling assists
2) +1 to the AV for a foul if the fouler is not in an opposing tackle zone
3) Right Stuff prevents Tackle from negating Dodge for Pow!
4) A player cannot use his skills that modify the Armour or Injury roll when using a Piling On re-roll

My guess is that Kalimar would need to make any of the CRP+ changes, Christer would have to make changes on his end for any of the roster changes.

Since there are still missing skills in the FFB client and Kalimar seems to be busy with RL, my guess is that no... it wouldn't happen, at least not in the near future.

That said, FUMBBL is talking about doing their own thing in the future, currently codenamed LRB7. 8)

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Carnis wrote on FUMBBL about NTBB rules:
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpB ... 65&start=0

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

tchatter wrote:
That said, FUMBBL is talking about doing their own thing in the future, currently codenamed LRB7. 8)
that's not true

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

garion wrote:
tchatter wrote:
that's not true
Its not true that there haven't been posts about doing their own thing?

Even in the thread that Carnis posted this in, people are talking about it. Yourself included. Weather people believe something will come of it or not, what part of my statement is not true?

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpB ... ight=lrb+7

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpB ... ight=lrb+7

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpB ... ic&t=20274

And the "kicker":

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpB ... light=lrb7

So... no one on FUMBBL is talking about doing their own thing? :wink:

Ex-Commish of REBBL
garion

Post by garion »

Im not saying people arent talking about their own rules. My thread on TFF is directly below/above this one.

What I meant was that Fumbbl will never be a house ruled environment. The main two divisions will always support the main rules (which imo is the correct thing to do) and the chance of their being a third main division with its own rules is slim to none at least for the next 3 or 4 years at least I would imagine.

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

garion wrote:Im not saying people arent talking about their own rules. My thread on TFF is directly below/above this one.

What I meant was that Fumbbl will never be a house ruled environment. The main two divisions will always support the main rules (which imo is the correct thing to do) and the chance of their being a third main division with its own rules is slim to none at least for the next 3 or 4 years at least I would imagine.
Agreed. Which is why I said they are talking about it for the future. 8)

Now, back to the NTBB; I agree with most of the rule changes, but I don't like a lot of the roster changes. However, I'd be interested in trying them out for myself to see.

Ex-Commish of REBBL
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I can’t really comment on 1a and 1b as after reading so many threads about hyper bash that as soon as someone starts posting cas stats I instantly switch off.

I like 2 but also want the eye back, 3 looks good too but I liked the fouling guard effect as well.

I’ve not played in an environment with the bank so can’t comment on whether 5 and 6 are at the right rate. But do like the idea that teams can’t amass a huge amount of money with no detriment.

6 is ok.

Agree with 7 as wizards are too good at high TV where 150 is a small difference.

Tier 3
On principle I am against making these teams too competitive but I do think gobbos and flings need a boost.
Goblins - I would like something to keep the secret weapons on the pitch more, maybe give them the new sneaky git in place of 3rd troll?
Ogres – I like this as it is not a big change.
Halflings not keen on AG4 but can’t think of a better alternative.

Tier 2 - good

Tier 1
Both these are good, in favour of AV8 on human catchers and tend to agree with Galak about human blitzers being 80K too as they are good players but tend to die a lot. I think this is the most interesting Tomb Guardians I’ve seen and might make khemri a bit more fun to play.

Tier 0
Agree with all them except that I want you to change zons more and get rid of flat 6337 stats.

Overall I like these rules, there was talk about the [L]eague division being changed to allow more personalisation so that may allow roster changes. I think this needs a lot of work still so it may still be a long way off. The main priority is still getting the existing client to work as close to crp as possible.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
garion

Post by garion »

plasmoid wrote:The 'CRP+' version is the weakest one yet - so when you claim that stunties will be "slaughtered with ease" then you really haven't looked at the math at all.
Heck, let's do a numbers game: 3 versions of 1 mutation + 2 skills against a standard goblin. Stats are for after a knockdown, and are presented as KO+/straight-cas[Death!]. (It's in percentages).
Now guess the edition - no peeking :wink:
version 1: 68.8/37.9[4.5], version 2: 52.2/28.7[3.5], version 3: 68.9/48.2[8.0]
I would guess 68.8/37.9[4.5] - CRP, version 3: 68.9/48.2[8.0] LRB3, version 2: 52.2/28.7[3.5] NTBB.

Unless you were counting Claw RSC in here as well from lrb4, but you didnt say that ;)

Sneaky Git rule is fine if you stop babes helping them out, as Darkson has said in his ARBBLRB. It just makes more sense that way. However the bit people dont seem to get is your change still doesn't stop players getting sent off. In that respect it is actually worse than the current CRP sneaky git which most seem to agree is pretty much worthless. I certainly wouldn't take your new sneaky git on anyone. Most people strive to score in turn 8 only, so once sent off they are gone for the half most of the time. It is a good boost for secret weapons though. But I think Secret weapon rolls is a far better mechanic for this anyway and it has been tried and tested and we know it works well. Also I am unclear on what would happen to a secret weapon if the chainsaw player had sneaky git and got sent off for fouling. Would that mean they would have to roll for KO twice before coming back on?