ARBBLRB

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: ARBBLRB

Post by garion »

my comment in red -
Darkson wrote:
gandresch wrote:Ps: I don't like the idea of traits or "more expensive skills"
That's ok, I know these rules won't appeal to many, if any, outside our group.
Of course, if I win the lottery and buy the BB IP off GW, you'll have to learn to like it. ;)

Woohoo \o/ I have my fingers well and truely crossed for you, hope you win :D

Fom the other thread, I (re-)introduce Black or "Proper Chaos" Dwarfs:

0-12;Black Dwarf 60k 5/3/2/9 Block, Thick Skull GS/APM
0-2 Thrower 80k 5/3/3/8 Pass, Sure Hands, Thick Skull GP/ASM
0-2 Blitzer 100k 6/3/3/9 Block, Strip Ball, Thick Skull GS/APM
0-2 Boar Centaur 90k 6/3/2/9 Sure Feet, Sprint, Break Tackle, Thick Skull GS/APM
0-1 Big Guy from Ogre, Troll or Minotaur

Reroll 60K

Stars would be Flint, Zzharg, Boomer, Morg and 2 others - probably Chaos Stars.

Pricings may need looking at, as these were designed for a LRB4-era league (and the Boar Centaur had a MBBL2-only skill, that I've swapped for BT).
I like the roster, though would like to see a 0-2 Mutant in their somewhere.
Darkson wrote:And I'd bring back the Runesmith (and Black Runesmith for above).
yes again. same as my rules. why runesmith was removed mystifies me.

not a fan of the normal dwarf roster you proposed personally, wouldnt like wrestle on them. I'd rather see either normal dwarves with tackle removed from blockers and stuck on blitzers or something a little more left field like Dwarf Engineers (losely based on the The Warhammerers) -

0-16 Engineers 50,000 5 3 2 8 Thick Skull, Block GS ASP
0-2 Kickers 80,000 5 3 3 8 Thick Skull, Kick, Dirty Player G SAP
0-2 Runners 80,000 6 3 3 8 Thick Skull, Sure Hands GP SA
0-1 Bazooka 70,000 5 3 3 8 Secret Weapon, Bazooka, Hail Mary Pass, Thick Skull GP SA
0-1 Bombadier 80,000 5 3 2 8 Secret Weapon, Bombadier, Thick Skull G SAP
0-1 Master Engineer 80,000 5 3 2 8 Secret Weapon, Chainsaw, Thick Skull G SPA
0-1 Deathroller 160k 4 7 1 10 Loner, Break Tackle, Dirty Player, Juggernaut, No Hands, Mighty Blow, Secret Weapon, Stand Firm S GAP
Re-rolls 60,000
Apothecary yes

Reason: ''
Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

garion wrote: Dwarf Engineers (losely based on the The Warhammerers) -

0-16 Engineers 50,000 5 3 2 8 Thick Skull, Block GS ASP
0-2 Kickers 80,000 5 3 3 8 Thick Skull, Kick, Dirty Player G SAP
0-2 Runners 80,000 6 3 3 8 Thick Skull, Sure Hands GP SA
0-1 Bazooka 70,000 5 3 3 8 Secret Weapon, Bazooka, Hail Mary Pass, Thick Skull GP SA
0-1 Bombadier 80,000 5 3 2 8 Secret Weapon, Bombadier, Thick Skull G SAP
0-1 Master Engineer 80,000 5 3 2 8 Secret Weapon, Chainsaw, Thick Skull G SPA
0-1 Deathroller 160k 4 7 1 10 Loner, Break Tackle, Dirty Player, Juggernaut, No Hands, Mighty Blow, Secret Weapon, Stand Firm S GAP
Re-rolls 60,000
Apothecary yes
I'd love a roster like this, would make dwarves a lot more fun to play.
But, the prices look a bit wrong - linemen getting +MA and -Tackle, costing 20k less than a normal blocker?? Maybe stick them back to MA4?

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
garion

Post by garion »

they have lost a point of Av which is equal to Ma so I think the prices are correct.

though ma4 av9 would make a little more sense i guess??? hmm not sure?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Have to say, that roster's no interest to me, so take it to it's own thread. :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Hmm - I think I'd add in a Chaos Spawn rule as well. End of each game, any player with one (or more) mutations (from skill ups only - starting ones not included) rolls 2D6 and adds the number of mutations they have. On a roll of a 13, they turn into a Chaos spawn: 4/4/1/8 (*original skills), Regen, No Hands, Really Stupid - moves like a B&C - 60+*K M/-
Spawn keep the SPP and cost increase of the original player, and any skills that player had earned.
Keep rolling for mutationsfor the spawn as per the rule above - on a second roll of 13+, it dissolves into a pile of goo (no regen allowed!) and is removed from the roster.

Mwah hah ha ha ha ha! :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Oh, and Big Hat CDs lose Mutation access - they don't need it, and it doesn't fit the fluff of the chimney-wearing, curly bearded freaks.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

And I'd love to bring back position-specific skill tables (either random or still a list you choose from), but that would need a lot of thought.

garion

Post by garion »

Darkson wrote:And I'd love to bring back position-specific skill tables (either random or still a list you choose from), but that would need a lot of thought.
When I did my rules I wrote out a draft version for this I will pm you sometime over the next week so you can have a look and see what I ended up with. I felt this wouldn't marry up well with traits though which i preferred.But it could be interesting no doubt.

edit: I found it -

Big Guy (notice not traits)
MB, Juggernaut, Pile On, Guard, Stand Firm, Thick Skull, Multi Block

Blitzer (B)–
MB, Juggernaut, Break Tackle, Pile On (Tr)

Blocker (BL) –
MB, Guard, Fend, Thick Skull, Break Tackle, Multiple Block, Stand Firm(Tr)

Thrower (Th)–
Pass, Safe Throw, Dump Off, Accurate, HMP, Strong Arm (Tr), Leader (Tr)

Runner/Catcher (C) -
Dump Off, NoS, Catch, Diving Catch,

Agility –
Leap, Diving Tackle, Sneaky Git, Sure feet, Jump Up, Side Step, Dodge

General –
Sure Hands, Fend, KoR, Pass block, Kick, DP, Block, Wrestle, Tackle, Shadowing Strip Ball, Dauntless (T), Frenzy (T)

Mutations –
Random

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Hmmm, mutations moved to skill categories, but still only accessible if you have M access.

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

Spawn moves like a B&C? Hopefully that's a new skill, and not the Ball and Chain skill...Can you imagine facing a Chaos team with 5 B&C Claw/MB/Tackle/Block players? :o

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yes, and worse (these are toned down from our Chaos rules).

Chaos Pact Marauders lose P access. Pact gain 0-2 Marauder Throwers 6/3/3/8 GPM / AS. Jervis can still build his beloved ChaosAll-Stars, but we lose the ridiculous Pass spam, which has no fluff justification.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I'd keep the P - if only for leader access - and lose the S, personally. The S access detracts from the M access, the P doesn't.

I think the reason for going P access lineman is to do with the allstar figures having three throwers (rex, lewdgrip, kefft), though with one of those now a bona-fide star player in their own right, 0-2 might be workable.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Nope, no reason why Pact should be the only team that gets leader on the 0-16 position.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

ARBBLRB

Post by Shteve0 »

Fair enough, your rules. See my point on strength access detracting from M access?

Besides, surely you're taking the Khorne roster...? :P

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Nope, but then I'm not one of those wusses moaning that clawpomb is broken.

There is no Khorne roster, just like there is no spoon.