ARBBLRB

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: ARBBLRB

Post by Darkson »

How did I forget Fimir?

Add them to the rosters.

Still thinking of ways to separate ball handing AG and movement AG.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Butterfingers*: When attempting to pick up, pass or catch the ball apply a -1 to the dice roll (rule of 1 and 6 obviously still apply).

* - needs a better name, obviously.

Basically some player types would have this skill added to them so they can keep a high AG for dodging, but makes ball handing more difficult. (Bloodletters are the obvious candidate, but seeing as they don't exist in my world... ;) ).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Even after X number of years since PBBL/LRB5 was introduced I still don't like the changes made to teams so that rookie team gets given so much stuff if it has to play a 50-game veteran team, especially the 33% (rough) chance they give. I do still like that a rookie team will never have to have less than 11 players though (I'm not a total masochist).

So in that vein, and to promote coaches keeping their own alive rather than relying on JM/Mercs/Stars (which are over-used imo) I'm adding to the list of inducements:

50K - 0-3 Magic sponges: These can be used on any dead or Seriously Injured rostered player, after any Apo/Regen attempt. If the player is dead it works on a 2+, otherwise it's automatic. When (successfully) used the player is considered Badly Hurt but must miss the rest of the game - no other rule can override this [I don't think there are any, but just in case]

Made it cheap so it encourages coaches to take it, so more"real" players will stay on the team, but it has no effect on the opposition (unlike the Wandering Apo that can put a player back on the field).

I know the purists will hate it, but I don't care. ;)

fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fidius »

Darkson wrote:Butterfingers*: When attempting to pick up, pass or catch the ball apply a -1 to the dice roll (rule of 1 and 6 obviously still apply).

* - needs a better name, obviously.
I think the name you want is Ham-Fisted.

You may also like Heavyset (E): Due to this player’s stout physique and low centre of gravity, dodging is performed at a -1 penalty. This does not apply to the use of Break Tackle.