Positionals for teams that don't have any

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Positionals for teams that don't have any

Post by legowarrior »

Some teams just don't have classic positionals, even though the teams are made up of a single race. With some teams, it makes seems, like the undead, which are made up a lizard range of races, and you wouldn't want to have more than 4-5 positions on a team anyway. But some don't, even if the Cockerel has few positions on it already. I thought it would be cool to brainstorm how teams with out many positionals (like Catcher, blitzer, runners, throwers) might look if they had a few.

I'll start it off with my take on the Halflings.

Code: Select all

0-16 Halfling Linesmen - 5/2/3/6 - Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, - A/GSP - 30K

0-4 Halfling Runner - 6/2/3/6 – Dodge, Stunty, Sure Hands, Right Stuff,  - AP/GS - 50K

0-2 Halfling Blitzer - 5/2/3/7 – Juggernaut, Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff - AS/GP - 50K

0-2 Treeman 2/6/1/10 - Loner, Might Blow, Thick Skull, Take Root, Throw Team Mate, Stand Firm, Strong Arm - 120K 

Reroll - 60K
As you can see, the Runners are a little faster, and gain access to pass skills and Sure hands (something the halflings lack in regular play). The Blitzers are tough and gain Juggernaut, an awesome skill, but without dauntless, not as effective as it could be.

Anyway, I encourage everyone to come up with there own. Let's not break to many rules, and keep the teams within a similar power level. Some ideas -
Vampire Throwers and Blitzers
Ogre Catcher
Chaos Dwarf Catcher
Skink Throwers
Beastman Catcher
You get the picture.
Yours in boredom,
Legowarrior

Reason: ''
adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Positionals for teams that don't have any

Post by adhansa »

When i am bored at work i entertain myself by making new roosters This is the framework i have comed up with for making a starting point when making positionals. You have to excuse me in advance that the tabel becomes so ugly when imported to text.

This should be read as for eample:
Blitzer- a Blitzer always have Block, only Blitzers have Block, they have either Agility or Strength as additional normal skill rolls, there are either Blizers, Hunters or neither on a team, and a Blitzer usually has +1 mv, Block and cost 30k more than a lineman.

Position Skill associated with this position (/=or) Associated skill unique for this position Associated Skill Type Not with Standard skills (/=and)
Liner None No None
Blitzer Block Yes Either Hunter +1mv/Block/+30k
Hunter Wrestle Yes None Blitzer Wrestle/+20k
Thrower Pass Yes Pass Runner Sure Hands/Pass/+20k
Runner Sure Hands No Pass Thrower +1mv/-1Av/ SureHands/Fend+30k
Catcher Catch/Diving Catch No Agility Playmaker +2mv/-1av/Catch/+20k
Playmaker +AG Yes None Catcher +1Ag/+30k
Blocker +St/Stand Firm Yes Strength Mangler +1str/-1mv/-1ag/+30k
Mangler Mighty Blow Yes Strength Blocker MightyBlow/+20k
Kicker Kick Yes Pass Kick/HMP/+20k
Safety Pass Block Yes Agility +1Mv/-1Av/ Catch/PassBlock/+30k
Marker Diving Tackle Yes Agility JumpUp/DivingTackle/+30k