Need help finding original Bank Rule

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JPS
Experienced
Experienced

Need help finding original Bank Rule

Post by JPS »

Searching has pointed me to various discussions and explanations of the Bank Rule, but can anyone point me to what the original wording of the rule was going to be? I want to introduce it to my league for consideration, but we have a few rules lawyers (myself included).

Thanks,
JPS

Reason: ''
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: Need help finding original Bank Rule

Post by dode74 »

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?p=67#p67
Sub-quotes there by Galak are probably what you're after.

JPS
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JPS »

Woohoo!! That was EXACTLY what I was looking for (and then some). Thanks Dode74!!

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

JPS wrote:Woohoo!! That was EXACTLY what I was looking for (and then some). Thanks Dode74!!
I will add that since that ... I've loosened my stance a bit and think that the bank at 150k would be okay for the game and for teams wanting to save up for re-roll or a Big Guy

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
JPS
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JPS »

Thanks Galak. We have some house ruled inducements of less than 50K, so the commissioner and I have already discussed flexibility on the cap. We're going to try it at 100K and see how things go.

And, of course, thanks for all your work with the game over the years and your ongoing endeavors with Impact!

- JPS

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

JPS wrote:And, of course, thanks for all your work with the game over the years and your ongoing endeavors with Impact!
Thank you and happy to do so on both counts.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
NightDragon 2
Star Player
Star Player

Post by NightDragon 2 »

The bank rule with potential flexibility for increasing the amount allowed to be banked removes a lot of my objection to the spiralling expenses rule, which I accept can be modified according to league preferences.
I had always much preferred a TR Cap in leagues which does away with the need for spiralling expenses. As soon a team hits a specified TR after a game the coach has to retire players, or cut RR's, coaches etc to bring it back under the Cap.
An excellent rule Galak and a great shame you were not listened to.

Purity Through Pain!
NUFFLE SUCKS!!
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

A TR cap was discussed during the Vault, and most people hated it. No coach should be forced to cut players etc.
Personally, I'd hate a TR cap.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

NightDragon 2 wrote:The bank rule with potential flexibility for increasing the amount allowed to be banked removes a lot of my objection to the spiralling expenses rule, which I accept can be modified according to league preferences.
I had always much preferred a TR Cap in leagues which does away with the need for spiralling expenses. As soon a team hits a specified TR after a game the coach has to retire players, or cut RR's, coaches etc to bring it back under the Cap.
An excellent rule Galak and a great shame you were not listened to.
SE is basically a TR cap though?

It isnt a fixed cap, but it has the same effect. It is also far better than something that forces a player to retire for no reason.