The Human League

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

snailracer
Rookie
Rookie

The Human League

Post by snailracer »

Our perpetual league had gone a bit stale so we decided to try single race leagues with set season lengths. We also added in a transfer market to make things more interesting and altered the income rules.

We have played two full seasons and are very happy with how the league system plays. We have now put it to one side to try an orc only league but that is a different story...

Below are the rules we use:

Human Pro-League Offcial Rules

1. The league participants shall be ....

2. Each coach will be given 1,100,000 GP to start a rookie Human team for entry into a separate league from the LBBL.

3. The rookie team will be made up from the following roster:
0-16 Human Linemen
0-4 Human Blitzers
0-4 Human Catchers/Halflings
0-2 Human Throwers
0-1 Ogre

4. Once the league has begun, a coach may only buy additional players in the following ways;

A/ Rookie Linemen or Halflings at normal value
B/ Players through the transfer window

5. The league season will consist of 6 games, two games being played against each opponent in the league (home and away). Each coach will gain 3 points for winning a game and 1 point for drawing a game. At the end of the season the coach with the most points is the winner of the league. After 6 games, the league points will reset but the teams will continue for a further 6 games to represent seasons.

6. When the gate is rolled before each game, multiply the figure by 10 to get the ticket sales in GP. The ticket sales are divided equally between the two teams, the money being place in their treasury before kick-off. This does not affect the winnings roll made at the end of the game.

7. Playing at home carries certain advantages as follows;

A/ The home team gains one bribe for free
B/ The home team coach may re-roll his rolls on the kick-off table. He must accept the second result.
C/ The Home team always gains the FAME unless the away team has double the number of fans.
D/ Home field advantage gives the home team a winnings re-roll even if they lose.

8. At the end of the game the coach must pay his players for their services. Each player needs to be paid 10% of their value. If the coach hasn’t got enough money in the treasury to pay the whole team he must decide which players not to pay. Mark on the roster which players have not been paid. If a player was not paid for a previous game, the coach may chose to pay that player's wages after subsequent games, in order that the player is paid the correct amount.

9. For each game, two MVPs will be awarded. One will be the coach's choice and the other will be a random selection inclusive of the whole squad. After each game, the player on each team with the most SPPs gains the skill Fan Favourite for the next game.

10. After every 3 games there will be a transfer window. Roll a dice for each player that has not been paid at least once since the start of the league. On the roll of a 1, that player hands in a transfer request. For each game that the player has not been paid since the start of the league, subtract 1 from the dice roll.

11. When a player hands in a transfer request he is put up for sale. Any other coach in the league may offer an amount of money from their treasury to secure that player’s services for their own team. The amount offered must be at least equal to the value of the player. A coach can only bid on players who are up for sale.

12. No coach may bid on a player that would exceed the limits of the roster, e.g. a fifth catcher. Any coach may offer players on their team in exchange or as part of a bid – this is up to the coach’s discretion and does not need to necessarily reflect the value of the player being bid on or offered in exchange e.g. a coach could offer a 90K blitzer in exchange for a 70K catcher.

13. The coach whose player is being bid on during the transfer window must decide which of the bids to accept. If there are no bids, or if none of the bids is acceptable, the coach must sell the player to the International leagues for that player’s rookie value, e.g. a thrower would be worth 70K even if they had several skills.

14. In each transfer window there is the possibility of players becoming available to buy on the international market. To see how many players are available, roll a dice. After 3 games have been played, roll a D3 and add 1 to see how many players become available. After 6 games have been played, roll a D6 and add 2. Then for each player roll a D3 to see what type of player they are;
1: Halfling/Lineman (Roll a further D6, on a 3 or more it's a lineman)
2: Catcher/Thrower (Roll a further D6, on a 3 or more it's a catcher)
3: Blitzer/Ogre (Roll a further D6, on a 3 or more it's a Blitzer)
Then for each player roll a D3 to see how many skills they start with. The player is awarded the exact amount of SPPs needed to have gained that number of skills. Each skill is rolled for as normal, with all coaches deciding what to give the player by a silent vote consensus. The value of the player is then set as per the cost on the roster and the cost of the upgrades and each player may make bids to gain the player’s services. The highest bidder, at least equal to the value of the player, may add the player to their roster.

Hopefully someone will find this interesting. If you want to see any of our discussions feel free to visit http://wargamers.freeforums.org/the-hum ... -t401.html

Reason: ''
Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: The Human League

Post by Chris »

So not single race but single team?

Edit- I see halflings are included as well!

Re MVP - I have seen this done and it can compound success. Instead I would suggest for the coach chooses it becomes the coach can choose any player that has not yet got 6SPPs - so is a benifit to new players rather than people with a few skills already.

For the international market, would you want to throw in Amazon and Norse players?

So on the roll of a 6 the lineman/catcher/thrower/blitzer/big guy can be chosen from those rosters instead (same position).

TalonBay
Star Player
Star Player

The Human League

Post by TalonBay »

Very interesting, I always liked the idea of a draft but transfers sound good (though complicated)

The Daventry League: Pitchblack Stealers http://www.level10.org/BloodBowl/index.php?section=main
Proud Owner of the TFF Minisorca Vikings Legacy 2011 viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36011
snailracer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by snailracer »

Sorry should have written team not race. Halflings were added for a bit of comedy value and a TTM option.

We've found that the MVP system has worked well, mainly due to the coaches spreading them around fairly evenly, but I do like the idea that they can only be given to rookies (until you have no rookies left). The main thinking behind the extra MVP was to get skills across the team and not have a couple of uber players and a load of rookies. The problem didnt arise because we were all on board with why we had the extra MVP.

I dont think any of us would want amazon and norse added in as there are probably some horrible combinations that can be created, at least with just the Human team (plus halfling) we know its all going to be farily well balanced.

The transfer market all worked well and the blind auctions and bartering after all bids were in added a new dimension.

With our new Orc league we've come up with a draft system instead and limited all draft players to one skill to avoid ridiculously good players appearing in teams (one example being an AG4 ogre who turned up in the Human League!)

zerodemon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zerodemon »

Bet you occasionally ended up with potential draftees left out in the cold. Such a sorry sight, all of those last picks, lined up singing...

Don't, don't you want me?
You know I can't believe it when you say that you won't pick me.
Don't, don't you want me?
You know I don't believe you when you say that you don't need me.
It's much too late to buy
When you later change your mind
You'd better give me Blodge
Or we will both be sorry.

Don't you want me baby!
Don't you want me, ohhhhhhhh...

Get it? Human League? Booooooo. Great system by the way.