MNG vs. Niggling Injury?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Bludbowler
Experienced
Experienced

MNG vs. Niggling Injury?

Post by Bludbowler »

In the world of sports, coaches are always forced to decide whether it's better to let an injured player sit out a game to recover, or make him risk further injury by playing him in a game before he should.

To reflect this decision process in Blood Bowl, I propose the following:

A player with an MNG may play in a game, but he automatically receives +1 Niggling Injury before the start of the game, and the new NI is permanent.

Your thoughts?

Reason: ''
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Re: MNG vs. Niggling Injury?

Post by MattDakka »

I don't like it. I would keep the MNG, instead of receiving a NI.
In a private league, it would be of marginal use, for example in a final match of a season, where an one turner, even if niggled, could still be useful.
In a perpetual league it would be completely useless.

Bludbowler
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Bludbowler »

MattDakka wrote:In a perpetual league it would be completely useless.
I disagree, especially in a league where teams are closely ranked, and every game needs to be won.

I started playing BB back in the days of 2nd edition, where team management between games had more variables to consider than the current game. I think that deciding whether an injured player should play or not is an important coaching variable that could add a little more drama to a team's story line, as well as increase second-guessing between coaches.

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

I'm worried about the power on elves in a KO tournament. For example, the FUMBBL majors, one of the things that prevent the super high TV elf teams dominating everything is that they lose 1-2 players a game, and over a 7 game tournament, that adds up. If you can go into the semis knowing that only death will stop you fielding your hyper tuned team in the final, and knowing you have 50+ games to rebuild the players afterwards, that's a huge difference.

bruce888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bruce888 »

How about it only applies to players who have 51 SPP's or more, since when you concede, its these players that leave on D6 roll of 1-3 any. this rule adds more decision making on behalf of the coach and furthers enhances the importance of keeping those players. i think journey men can do the rest.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

+1 on what Hitoganashi said.

For instance, a couple of MNG key players can make all the difference during league playoffs, even if it's a big team playing a underdog.

Maybe in league play you could house rule some sort of "gift-card" allowing that to be used in one single player during the league.
Something like FUMMBL "sponges" but for MNG's.
That might actually be interesting.