Need some help to lose team rerolls

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Need some help to lose team rerolls

Post by Shteve0 »

dode74 wrote:... I would modify by FF rather than TV, since FF is a better indication of how successful a team has been.
Ah, yes. I actually meant to mention this, but forgot. Despite all the edits.

Oh well. At least no-one can accuse me of being efficient ;)

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: Need some help to lose team rerolls

Post by dode74 »

mattski wrote:How about something like this:

At the end of the season every coach rolls a d6 for both their coaches and cheerleaders (i.e. a roll for each one). If the number rolled is less than or equal to the amount that you have then you lose one permanently.

Each coach will also roll 2d6 for their rerolls. If both dice are equal to or lower than the number of rerolls that the team has it loses one reroll permanently i.e. you have 3 rerolls and roll 2 & 2; you lose a reroll but if you had rolled a 1 & 4 then you keep all your rerolls.

Make sense? The idea being that given long enough you would eventually always run out of everything (they retire or the team gets lazy or whatever) but it is much more punitive to those with a lot. The reason for less than or equal is to make sure that given enough time a team would lose everything. Whilst I like a lot of the suggestions here I just can't see how to balance them theoretically without needing multiple seasons. As ever, all comments, suggestions etc are more than welcome.
Could work, Matt. It might be a tad punitive to Vamps which rely on RRs though, so perhaps a +2 modifier to their roll? It might also be worth adding a modifier to relatively new teams, too.

mattski
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mattski »

Maybe reduce Vamp reroll by 10k to 60k to compensate or would that be a bit too much?

Carpe Diem
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

That would have an in-game effect in reduced TV, while a modifier would not.

Bludbowler
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Bludbowler »

Each coach rolls 1D6 after each game. If the roll is 1, or less than the number of Team Rerolls, one Team Reroll is lost.

the.tok
Veteran
Veteran

Post by the.tok »

Bludbowler wrote:Each coach rolls 1D6 after each game. If the roll is 1, or less than the number of Team Rerolls, one Team Reroll is lost.
Wow, nobody would manage to keep 3 RR for long with this ;)

I know the fluff is a little vague on this but RR were originally team cohesiveness, so my take would be to link a risk of losing RR to events that are likely to impact this cohesiveness :
-New player being introduced into the team "I don't trust this new guy"
-Healthy player with spp retired "john had done nothing wrong, why did he get fired?"
-Losing streak "Does the coach know what he's doing?"
-One player being two skills ahead of the others "he thinks he's better than us?"
-Losing to stunties/nemesis team

or something along those lines, but you get the idea

What do you think?