ALT3RD Rulebook

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Re: ALT3RD Rulebook

Post by Hitonagashi »

I realise I might be in a minority here Steve, but I think you've powered Zons up.

Swopping Block for SF (which isn't that major a difference) and giving them A access for the same price is quite big!

I would totally give each of those Blodge/SF/DT. That would be horrible at 16 SPP to position against, and it's one thing you can't do as easily at the moment.

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I can see Blodge/SS/DT on a couple of linos (31SPP, 120k), certainly. Probably not the blitzers, though (renamed for removed block) - there's only two of them, and you need guard somewhere on the team. Blodge/Guard/SF at 16 SPP (130k) is the same as now, though you can only take two of these, either ruling out a killer build completely (PO, JU, MB) or costing you a guard/SF in the process. The linewomen are bumped up 10k apiece too - partly for that A access, partly because I feel dodge is slightly undercosted at only 10k over a hob.

In short I really wouldn't want to be relying on doubles for guard, particularly as I'm down from four S-access to two, and up to four roster pics are now ST2. Bearing that in mind, do you still feel they're bumped up? in the short term, I'd have thought certainly not, and all being equal your blitzers are not the primary scorers here (no block, catchers are MA8). I don't buy that SF is equivalent to block either (even if on the the right player - zon blitzers, as an example - it's amazing), but I'll let that go ;)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

My bad, missed you'd dropped them to 0-2...you are right, that makes a huge difference :). With 4 it would have been broken!

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Lol, my sarcasmometer is broken right now, so I'll take that at face value and assume you like it :)

Any thoughts on my suggestion of the Norse roster evaporating and being replaced with the Khorne one? My logic is that it's not a bad roster at all, and presents it own challenges, but needs to be refocussed to explain some of the more abhorrent differences in player - why the herald doesn't have regen, for example. The CRP Norse roster is also very strong off the bat and relies on lots of S access, both things I'm trying to avoid. Finally, it also always struck me that Norse teams are a good place for spam P-access and costly rerolls, two things that go hand in hand in the cyanide roster.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Juriel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Juriel »

Shteve0 wrote:Any thoughts on my suggestion of the Norse roster evaporating and being replaced with the Khorne one?
Just that Horns don't fit a Human Blitzer too good. You'd have to find something to replace them with, but they're just so useful.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Juriel wrote:
Shteve0 wrote:Any thoughts on my suggestion of the Norse roster evaporating and being replaced with the Khorne one?
Just that Horns don't fit a Human Blitzer too good. You'd have to find something to replace them with, but they're just so useful.

:P

I know what you mean, though. I guess I just figured that the lack of regen splits the character of the two player types - demons don't sit right with me, so Bloodletters went to snow beast types, and then the other player type had to be different in recognition of the lack of Regen. I figured it might be okay to push an angle of human blitzers using their horned helmets more - but that's stupid, isn't it? :oops:

I'm not really sure what my beef is with the actual Norse roster, by the way. I'd like to claim it's simply difficult to scale back to the power level I'm going for without removing a lot of identity, but in truth I feel like the runners, blitzers, throwers and even the Ulfs lack coherency and favour too linear a build pattern (purely a personal opinion, of course - I know some who adore the Norse roster).