Create an united Elf team?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

Hi. Do you have any ideas of how to merge Dark, High and Wood elf teams into a single roster?

Reason: ''
Goldbaek is my hero
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

What do you mean, 'merge'? If you can be more specific, you might find that you take yourself closer to the answer you're after. You will also need to consider what environment you want to use the team in, who will play it and what power level you're aiming for.

Beyond that, simply taking the pro elf roster and swapping blitzers out for witches might offer you a rough approximation of a WE/HE/DE blend.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Create an united Elf team?

Post by theghr »

Shteve0 wrote:What do you mean, 'merge'? If you can be more specific, you might find that you take yourself closer to the answer you're after. You will also need to consider what environment you want to use the team in, who will play it and what power level you're aiming for.

Beyond that, simply taking the pro elf roster and swapping blitzers out for witches might offer you a rough approximation of a WE/HE/DE blend.
I'm thinking that the team just should'nt become too powerful against others, that's pretty much it. That it stays on the level as the individual elf rosters is at. Last christmas i gave one of my brothers a Dark Elf team becouse i had snapped up that he likes elfs when it comes to fantasy which is his passion. Unfortunately the only elf team that i at that time found worth buying was the Gaspez Dark Elfs, and my brother probably has some Asperger-condition which makes it really hard for him to "get involved" in something other than "good" creatures, which have not exactly hightened his level of engagement in this Blood Bowl-project that i have tried to get going in our family.

So yeah you definetely have a point when asking. I'd like to use the Dark Elf roster as a starting point becouse that's where we got the models, although "we" are certanly not distant from purchasing additional positionals. Perhaps the models we got can be used as other elfs than dark ones as well.

Goldbaek is my hero
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Yep, I'd have thought that was an option. There's another option you could look at too before writing your own roster, if you wanted to. Is this the team?

Option 1:
Use the models as another elf team's roster, as it appears in the book. Wood Elves? The witches would look good as wardancers - the hooded players as waywatchers (throwers) and the players without the helmets would work well as catchers.

Option 2:
Use the Dark Elf roster as another team, so call them (for example) "Wood Elves" and rename some of the position names to fit. These guys will defend the sacred forest against evil invaders at any cost:

0-16 Lineman 70,000gps 6348 GA/SP
0-2 Runner 80,000gps 7347 Dump Off GAP/S
0-2 Waywatcher 90,000gps 6347 Shadowing, Stab GA/SP
0-4 Glade Guard 100,000gps 7348 Block GA/SP
0-2 Wardancer 110,000gps 7347 Frenzy, Dodge, Jump Up GA/SP

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

theghr wrote:[...]my brother probably has some Asperger-condition which makes it really hard for him to "get involved" in something other than "good" creatures, which have not exactly hightened his level of engagement in this Blood Bowl-project that i have tried to get going in our family.

So yeah you definetely have a point when asking. I'd like to use the Dark Elf roster as a starting point becouse that's where we got the models, although "we" are certanly not distant from purchasing additional positionals. Perhaps the models we got can be used as other elfs than dark ones as well.
Go for pro elves. They were supposed to be the high elves so it is "good". You can switch gaspez miniature to fit the roster in the same way explained by Shteve0
witch elves->blitzers
blitzers->catchers
runner->thrower

also the color scheme will help him (white or light blue will feel more like good)

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

Done something in concepts:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37297&hilit=highlander

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)