Leap and TTM

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Leap and TTM

Post by Darkson »

As a slight boost to stunties, what about Leap giving +1 or a reroll to the landing roll?

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Leap and TTM

Post by garion »

Jump Up makes more sense to me. but yeah not a bad idea,

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Right stuff +1 to landing rolls, for either leap or thrown players.

Also, on wish list: on roster bribes (3@50k) for Gobbo's and on roster chef (1@100k) for flings would be great as losing these when you don't get inducements really hampers both teams. I know it would increase teams T.Vs but I could live with that.....

bigmaddrongo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bigmaddrongo »

I've always thought Sure Feet should give a benefit to landing rolls myself.

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

That's one of the better ideas I've heard.

I definitely like the idea of buffing an underused skill, also may make it worth keeping around a non-doubles fling for another skill up.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

+1 to big mad.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

That's an old idea though, which is why I've proposed something different.
In fact, I don't see the correlation between a skill that allows you to run faster and landing. At least linking it to Leap makes a little more sense (to my mind at least).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Darkson wrote:In fact, I don't see the correlation between a skill that allows you to run faster and landing. At least linking it to Leap makes a little more sense (to my mind at least).
It makes sense to me. Sure feet doesn't allow you to run faster, Sprint does that. Sure feet prevents you from tripping up over your own feet or whatever detritus is on the pitch when you are trying for your top speed (which is unchanged), so making that skill mean that you are good at landing as well kind of works for me.
glowworm wrote:Also, on wish list: on roster bribes (3@50k) for Gobbo's and on roster chef (1@100k) for flings would be great as losing these when you don't get inducements really hampers both teams. I know it would increase teams T.Vs but I could live with that.....
These items then becomes a one-off cost rather than a per-match cost. I don't know if that would potentially make it problematic, but there is the potential there as it makes a big difference to cashflow.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

dode74 wrote: These items then becomes a one-off cost rather than a per-match cost. I don't know if that would potentially make it problematic, but there is the potential there as it makes a big difference to cashflow.
Not so much of a difference in cashflow improvement as both teams have poor skill memory and are often replacing players,but I understand your point. it would increase team TV, in both cases, but not by much.

It just seems logical that with on roster secret weapons you would have readily available bribes for the inevitable sending offs.

TBH, It's all theory bowl so that's my wish list. I try not to throw players too often so my buff is slightly slanted in a different direction to others maybe.

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

dode74 wrote:
glowworm wrote:Also, on wish list: on roster bribes (3@50k) for Gobbo's and on roster chef (1@100k) for flings would be great as losing these when you don't get inducements really hampers both teams. I know it would increase teams T.Vs but I could live with that.....
These items then becomes a one-off cost rather than a per-match cost. I don't know if that would potentially make it problematic, but there is the potential there as it makes a big difference to cashflow.
I think the biggest issue with not allowing them to be rostered is TV based MM pretty much guarantees that you won't get those perks. It's pretty unfortunate, really.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

TV -matched MM is a problem in itself.

I'd have no issue with either being added, but as this is a thread about buffing TTM, this is not the place to discuss it.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Darkson wrote: I'd have no issue with either being added, but as this is a thread about buffing TTM, this is not the place to discuss it.
Touchy, touchy, right stuff for +1 to both landing rolls ( leap & TTM) gets my vote then.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I don't agree with that, as that's a buff right from the off. I feel any buff needs to be "earned", hence linking it to a skill.

Winged_Human
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Winged_Human »

Darkson wrote:I don't agree with that, as that's a buff right from the off. I feel any buff needs to be "earned", hence linking it to a skill.

I agreewith this

"Never trust the Manlings."
garion

Post by garion »

Yeah I agree Darkson, there is too much of a disconnect between Sure Feet and TTM landing imo. I personally think Jump Up is the best fit fluff wise as it conjures up an image of the player landing into a roll and hoping up on to their feet.