Leap and TTM

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dines
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Leap and TTM

Post by dines »

Not a bad idea. Especially as leap isn't really useful for AG3 stunty... Biggest problem I can see is the gobbo on the orc team. Do orcs need a buff?

Reason: ''
FUMBBL nick: Metalsvinet
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

Do you mean Sure Feet to give a reroll to a stunty landing?

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

garion wrote:Yeah I agree Darkson, there is too much of a disconnect between Sure Feet and TTM landing imo. I personally think Jump Up is the best fit fluff wise as it conjures up an image of the player landing into a roll and hoping up on to their feet.
The problem here is that Jump Up isn't a good skill for fling either. To use JU you need to fall and if you fall chances you are knocked or more are quite large. Sure feet is allways useful.

And fluff wise, have a sure footing surely should be an advantage when about to land.

I'm not so sure about giving the buff to leap rolls aswell thou, as inconsequent as it seems, mostly because that would help non right-stuff teams aswell.

Anyway, having a skill that let's you land easier id ok in my book.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Afroman wrote:I'm not so sure about giving the buff to leap rolls aswell thou, as inconsequent as it seems, mostly because that would help non right-stuff teams aswell.
Who suggested buffing Leap?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Darkson wrote:
Afroman wrote:I'm not so sure about giving the buff to leap rolls aswell thou, as inconsequent as it seems, mostly because that would help non right-stuff teams aswell.
Who suggested buffing Leap?
glowworm wrote:Right stuff +1 to landing rolls, for either leap or thrown players.
Technically i suppose i did....However it would only buff players with "right stuff" so not wardancers ect...

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

Afroman wrote:
garion wrote:Yeah I agree Darkson, there is too much of a disconnect between Sure Feet and TTM landing imo. I personally think Jump Up is the best fit fluff wise as it conjures up an image of the player landing into a roll and hoping up on to their feet.
The problem here is that Jump Up isn't a good skill for fling either. To use JU you need to fall and if you fall chances you are knocked or more are quite large. Sure feet is allways useful.

And fluff wise, have a sure footing surely should be an advantage when about to land.

I'm not so sure about giving the buff to leap rolls aswell thou, as inconsequent as it seems, mostly because that would help non right-stuff teams aswell.

Anyway, having a skill that let's you land easier id ok in my book.
Jump Up is good for flings because they are so slow, though it is never worth its TV cost. This is one of the reasons why i think it would be best. Buffing a skill that doesnt get taken to a position where it will be taken on one or two players would be a good thing.

Sure Feet is quite a good skill for them anyway so why buff it?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

garion wrote:Sure Feet is quite a good skill for them anyway so why buff it?
Agreed.

My preference is a small buff to an under-used skill for stunties (in league play, I couldn't care less if in MM you cut a 2-skill stunty etc etc).
I think a flat +1 to the landing roll if you have Leap/Jump Up (whichever) is better than a re-roll, as a TRR can be used anyway.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Buggrit

Post by Buggrit »

I think I remember an old thread with proposed skills from way back... & iirc I proposed a stunty only skill called 'Frequent Flyer' the only purpose of which was to give the little guy in question a +1 bonus to his landing rolls.

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King