Krok Teams (house rules BB7s environment)

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Krok Teams (house rules BB7s environment)

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi guys

To give this a little context, our league's house sevens ruleset has a reduced number of teams and allows big guys. Most rosters are based on half positionals of the existing teams, but we've then consciously weakened several sides that are basically auto-win in a format that has no rerolls and no starting base contact (Dark Elves with 2 x block and 1 x Dodge MA7 starting players and with spam AV8, for example).

Full rules and rosters: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/92588516/Sevens%20v0.3.pdf
Sevens pitch: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/92588516/blood% ... 0pitch.pdf

In putting together the Sevens ruleset, I had an issue with the Lizardman team in that I don't think they justify the inclusion of 0-4 blockers (71.4% of the starting roster at ST4/5), but then nor to they warrant a knock down to 0-2 (42.8%), while 0-3 is very messy. Vampires were easy - we just gave them 0-4 and their coach can worry about the consequences - with with Lizards it's not so straightforward.

So, what do you make of the following concept roster(s) for BB7s? Would they fit in? Playstyle idea is that they use the Blockers to bash, while the linemen are a sort of sweeping safety positional that acts as a hard counter to AG opponents. They get serious mobility from the Juveniles (essentially skinks) who, all the same, are few in number and need to be protected or are likely to get very squished indeed.

Option A:
0-8 Krok Lineman 6328 Prehensile Tail 50k G/ASP
0-2 Krok Juvenile 8237 Dodge, Stunty 60k A/GSP
0-2 Krok Blocker 4419 Prehensile Tail 80k GS/AP
0-1 Krok Leviathan 4519 Loner, Bone-Head, Mighty Blow, Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull 140k S/GAP

Option B:
0-8 Krok Juvenile 7237 Dodge, Stunty 50k A/GSP
0-2 Krok Lineman 6328 Prehensile Tail 50k G/ASP
0-2 Krok Blocker 4419 Prehensile Tail 80k GS/AP
0-1 Krok Leviathan 4519 Loner, Bone-Head, Mighty Blow, Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull 140k S/GAP

What do you think? Any ideas for improvement to the roster?

Cheers!

S

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Re: Krok Teams (house rules BB7s environment)

Post by Shteve0 »

Yep - though we're based on the original sevens rules with a few tweaks. I know Norse's streetbowl rules to be excellent, we're just plowing a different furrow - conceptually, more like the heavy drinking World Sevens series that sees Wellington (NZ) taken over by fancy dress toting drunken clowns once a year.

So yeah, those are fine, but this is a little different :)

Any thoughts on the rosters?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

(0-8) + (0-2) + (0-2) + (0-1) = (0-15)
sound strange to have maximum 15 players on a team...

all these Tails are very strong !
effect of Tails are cumulative => dodge will be too hard in the first configuration...

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi Babass! Fair points.

The sevens ruleset we've been playing allows up to 10 players on a roster. It's based on the original GW sevens rules from way back when, which used half roster options in the same way.

Compare it to full rosters allowing 16 players but Undead, as an extreme example, allowing 0-40 across its player types... :)

I suspect you're right on the first roster being particularly strong. I'll give the second one a spin next time we get some sevens games in and see how we get on! So far, Chaos and Dark Elves have proven very strong; personally I'm looking forward to trying out the Slann!