Masters Blood Bowl

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Masters Blood Bowl

Post by antipixi »

Attached is an idea for play that I came up with whilst watching Masters Football.

Myself an Rab have tried these rules out for some amusing and very fast paced games.

I'd be interested to hear what people thought.

EDIT: I need to add that it is played with 6 turn halves (like the 7s game).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM WALES!
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Re: Masters Blood Bowl

Post by Axtklinge »

Sounds interesting for one-off games, for fun of it.
It would allow ppl to give some use to the "stars" that rarely see action.

However, after a quick glimpse at the rules, the first thing that came to mind was that those could include one other option: customizing you entire team!
Using the very same rules you have for the extra two players (up to those 5 development points), within team limits for each positional.
Those would be quite fast games to play (2x6 turns of 4min. or less would take less than an hour to complete), plenty of scoring, and without any inducements or any other rolls except for the game per see, would even be suited for quick one day tournaments.

DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeathGlam »

I personally love it, given me some serious thought as im currently starting a new house ruled league in my area, where the idea is not to have the best ruleset to decide the best coach but to send everyone home having really enjoyed their game win/lose/draw.

antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by antipixi »

I've just realised that we tested the local heroes with 4 points to spend and not 5 as stated in these rules. However, this shouldn't make too much difference.

Axtklinge, DeathGlam - I intended it for one offs or one day friendly tournaments (as you have said). It does play very fast and the cas rate tends to be high, so second half flies by.

DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeathGlam »

Looking at it, i think there could be potential for it to be used for a small league, as in 6 to 8 games each, maybe if it involved a few more local heroes so the teams had the chance to develop them a little.

As the league im setting up only plans to meet once ever few weeks as an alternative to our regular once a week league, which is by the book in every way.

Either way i really like the look of it and plan to try and test it out sometime this weekend, thanks.

Edit: The only real problem i can see among my group being the change in the pitch size needed, as how do you deal with that, do you make up new pitches?

antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by antipixi »

DeathGlam wrote:
Edit: The only real problem i can see among my group being the change in the pitch size needed, as how do you deal with that, do you make up new pitches?
I have some of the smaller fabric pitches from Impact! (Found HERE), but before we had those we either used thin straight stickers (effectively making a normal pitch multiple use) or drew it on with dry wipe markers and then wiped it off carefully when finished.

DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeathGlam »

cool thanks, think what i have decided is to make this ruleset one of the 4 cups i plan to run each year, as id like to make each one totally unique, so this will be the all star or masters cup.