Two Proposed new teams from Babs

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Two Proposed new teams from Babs

Post by Babs »

I have come up with two new teams, Both funded by the Allied guilds.
Both are completely unofficial, but I like them.

Team 1: The Allied Guild of Linemen.
Sick of all the positional players taking all the glory, the Allied Guild of linemen have struck a deal so that one player from each race may play with each other, in an attempt to show 'that linemen are valuable players too.'

This team roster comprises of 0-1 linemen of each of the 24 teams. The lineman is the player who is listed as 0-16 (or 0-12 in the case of the Chaos Pact and Underworld). That means there are 25 players available, not including stars.

Rerolls 70,000. There is no animosity.

If the team wants star players, they may have access to any stars that were 'linemen' at some point - i.e.
Crazy Igor
Hack Enslash / Helmut Wolf / Ugroth Bolgrot (but only one)
Mighty Zug
Puggy Baconbreath
Rashnak Backstabber
Fungus the Loon (to compensate for no big guy stars)

Special Rule: Journeymen. If the team needs a journeyman, the team must start with the cheapest costed lineman not on the team (i.e. a snotling if there isn't one on the roster). If the team already has a snotling, or needs more than one journeyman, the team must choose a 30k lineman (halfling). Once that is chosen or already on the team, the team must choose a lineman not already on the roster valued at 40k until all 40k priced linemen are chosen and so on.

Reason: ''
=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.
Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Two Proposed new teams from Babs

Post by Babs »

Interested in feedback on this team.

Surely the team has potential - a dwarf lineman and probably an orc on the line of scrimmage, cheap 40k fodder to make up the line.

Blitzers would be Norse lineman, beastman etc.

Catchers and throwers would be the four elves, with perhaps a showing from the skaven lineman.

What do you think? Playable?

ex-BBRC member

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

Team 2: Big Guy All Stars

The Allied Guild of Overly Large Players is also keen to demonstrate that the big guys are not as 'thick skulled' as they've been portrayed by the fan zines.
So they're setting out on their own to show the "little un's" how it's done.

This team is made up of two types:

0-16 snotlings
0-6 of any kind of big guy, each 0-1. (That is, one treeman, one snow troll/Yhetee, one troll, one kroxigor, one ogre, one minotaur, one rat ogre, one beast of Nurgle.)
70K rerolls.

Only two of these options come without loner, and one is a tree. You could interpret it so there is a 'human ogre & a chaos ogre, a Chaos Troll, A Warpstone Troll and a Troll' etc. all available seperately, but that's up for interpretation.

ex-BBRC member

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

interesting idea... any playtesting done?

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Babs wrote:Interested in feedback on this team.

Surely the team has potential - a dwarf lineman and probably an orc on the line of scrimmage, cheap 40k fodder to make up the line.

Blitzers would be Norse lineman, beastman etc.

Catchers and throwers would be the four elves, with perhaps a showing from the skaven lineman.

What do you think? Playable?
That skink would probably shine..

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

I think the Lineman idea is pretty cool. I'm not sure about the Big Guy team (too Ogreish already with the snots?). I'd be interested in a playtest of the teams.

NUFFLE SUCKS!
LQ says " I may be slow, but the sh*ttiness of this beer hasn't hit me yet."

I twist nuffle's teat and laugh.
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

lawquoter wrote:I think the Lineman idea is pretty cool. I'm not sure about the Big Guy team (too Ogreish already with the snots?). I'd be interested in a playtest of the teams.
Those were my first thoughts. The Big Guy concept only looks appealing if you make each type of ogre and troll different (which Babs mentions.) The addition of mutations in the line up make for a different feel at middle TV possibly, but the lineman concept looks attractive right off the bat. So same question, have you done any playing with them?

neverworking
Veteran
Veteran

Post by neverworking »

I guess my lineman lineup might be

Wood Elf 70k
High Elf 70k
Dark Elf 70k
Pro Elf 60k
Dwarf 70k
Norse 50k
Amazon 50k
Beastman 60k
Chaos Pact Lineman 50k
Slann Lineman 60k
Underworld Goblin 40k
4RRs
Apoth or an Orc Lineman
20k in the bank

For that price I get 4 players with AG4 and ag access
2 players with dodge
2 players with block
3 players with mutation access
1 player with passing access
2 players with strength access

I think these players would start off competitive, and there are few decent additional lineman to add later, but the team might not be agile enough to offset its of lack strength access and will need to roll some doubles a little more often. You probably can make a reasonable passing team out of it though by developing the chaos pact lineman down the path of the thrower.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Really like the Lineman team (24 choices ... that is cool and you get access to all the skill categories even with just linemen). The Big Guy team doesn't do anything for me.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

I really do like the Lineman idea for the choices available. Instead of having another Elf or Chaos/Khorne incarnation, I think a "Positional" like this would be thinking out of the box for a new team. I'm not usually in favor of expansion, but this one I think would be a lot of fun to develop.

NUFFLE SUCKS!
LQ says " I may be slow, but the sh*ttiness of this beer hasn't hit me yet."

I twist nuffle's teat and laugh.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Yeah, I really like it too.
Would simplify it making a lineman position 0-12 rather than the special rule though. (Which one? Halfling? Snotling?)

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Chris wrote:Yeah, I really like it too.
Would simplify it making a lineman position 0-12 rather than the special rule though. (Which one? Halfling? Snotling?)
For this team ... I think the special rule is fine as the team would not even have a stat line for the players.

Would just say ...

0-16: Team can have 0-16 players from any player position that is 0-16 or 0-12 on any of the 24 official Blood Bowl teams. Each of the 24 teams can only have one representative player maximum on the roster at the cost of the player for its normal team roster.

Rerolls: 70k (as an insurance policy to make sure the team is not too good).

I personally do not think you need to add the extra rule regarding Journeymen coming from the least expensive slot either ... that seems a needless complication and extra rule.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

+1 for Galak

I am not a fan of the other options I've seen around this proposed team. But, lets be realistic. This team will be a house ruled team at best so standardizing it will be almost impossible.

EDIT: Although the team that Babs proposed is the same team that Galak likes so we DO have the support of TWO members of the old BBRC. :D

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

GalakStarscraper wrote: For this team ... I think the special rule is fine as the team would not even have a stat line for the players.

Would just say ...

0-16: Team can have 0-16 players from any players is that is 0-16 or 0-12 on any of the 24 official Blood Bowl teams. Each of the 24 teams can only have one representative player maximum on the roster at the cost of the player for its normal team roster.
on the contrary, i think a roster with 24 stat lines would be lot more fun
0-1: snotling 5 1 3 5
0-1: gobelin 6 2 3 7
0-1: underworld gobelin...

this roster would use 1 full page of the lrb by itself.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I like the linemen team. I'd like to try it myself, will see what the other (local league) players here think about it. :D