Two Proposed new teams from Babs

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dentt
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Two Proposed new teams from Babs

Post by dentt »

I like the linesman team, but would like an Animosity rule between some of the races, ie Dwarves, goblins and Elves etc

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

GalakStarscraper wrote:I personally do not think you need to add the extra rule regarding Journeymen coming from the least expensive slot either ... that seems a needless complication and extra rule.
I disagree, I love the idea that you have to add the dross you didn't actually want on the team. Yes it's an extra rule, but I'm fed up with the "simplification is king" attitude in games.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Big guy team:

Lift the requirement that you need at least 11 players, and scrap the snots. Just big guys.
You need to place at least (well, only perhaps) 2 players on the LOS. Makes the rest of the team a tad more 'free' to see if they can grab a ball.

????

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote:I personally do not think you need to add the extra rule regarding Journeymen coming from the least expensive slot either ... that seems a needless complication and extra rule.
I disagree, I love the idea that you have to add the dross you didn't actually want on the team. Yes it's an extra rule, but I'm fed up with the "simplification is king" attitude in games.
I had a rethink on this topic .. and I'll agree with you Darkson ... the rule makes sense and I'd leave it.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Anyone try the lineman team? Still looks like a fun addition, no doubt Cynide will hhear about it and charge £5 dlc to get it...

Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

well seeing as that the all lino i believe is cyanides idea (iirc in chaos league there were a team of linos from all races) i wouldnt be suprised to see it worm its way into BB2 xD.

I do like the idea of an all lino team though the idea just kinda works for me. Would love to see some play testing

4 catchers and a thrower with hail mary pass, what could possibly go wrong?
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Missed this thread before. I like the all lino team, although for fluff purposes I'm not sure about allowing undead types like zombies and skeletons.

I'm also curious if a big guy would be necessary with a complete and utter lack of strength. Maybe you mix your two ideas and also let the team take 0-1 big guy from any roster.

My last thought is animosity. Does it have a place here or does it convolute the roster too much?

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Yes, thinking about it wouldn't have nurgles rot or undead players, as no necromancer, chance of contagion etc.
I do agree with no animosity though, would just makes things too hard.
If I was to make any changes in terms of positionals I would make one departure - get rid of the human lineman and replace with 0-1 Team Captain (A human lineman starting with leader). Why? Well would you want to get a human lineman on this team otherwise and if there was to be a leader amongst this lot surely a human came up with the idea (and otherwise the marauder would be the leder effectively, though maybe that isn't a bad thing?)?

So who would be on this team?
Human Captain 70k
Amazon 50k
Beastman 60k
Dark Elf 70k
Dwarf 70k
Goblin 40k
Halfling 30k
High Elf 70k
Hobgoblin 40k
Marauder 50k
Norse 50k
Orc 50k
Pro Elf 60k
Skaven 50k
Skink 60k
Slann 60k
Snotling 20k
Thrall 40k
Wood Elf 70k
rr 70k

I would be tempted to ditch the thrall and the high elf as the thrall replicates the hobgoblin and high elf is the same as the dark elf.

If you really were worried about strength maybe have only big guys or equivalents as the star player choices tomix the two ideas rather than on the roster itself?

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

We've tossed this idea around locally but had split them into two rosters - a 'good roster' and an 'evil roster'. Would solve the Nurgle's Rot/Undead/contagion problem.

This eventually mutated into a desire for a 'good' version of the Chaos Pact, (and the "evil" side looked like Tom Anders' old Evil Gits roster) but I digress. Our original split -

"GOOD"
Amazon Linewoman
Dwarf Longbeard
Halfling
High LineElf
Human Lineman
LineElf
Norse Lineman
Skink
Slann LineFrog
Wood LineElf

"EVIL"
Beastman
Dark LineElf
Goblin
Hobgoblin
LineOrc
Marauder
Rotter
Skaven LineRat
Skeleton
Snotling
Thrall
Underworld Goblin
Zombie

We were fine with Evil getting more options as they only got one 4AG Elf. Plus, they would likely never take a Goblin when they could have an Underworld Goblin.

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

i don't see any issue in the "double player" (ie high elf + dark elf or hobgob+thrall)

concerning the rotter it is not an issue since he is the only one being able to spread the contagion. You may end up with 2-3 rotters but hardly more because he has to kill someone himself.

zombie and skeletons do not create other zombies so there is no issue at all in putting them in the list. May be only the apothicary should not work on them.

Also i don't see the point in splitting between good and evil

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Linemen team:

I'd say they do have apo acces, but not for players who have the 'regeneration' skill/trait. Right?

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Chaos Pact / Beastman Cpombers plus a the Orc / Dwarf to soak up hits and the AG4 guys to go mental = good team. This is basically just a better version of the Chaos Pact min/max roster.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Well, does splitting it up into different good and evil rosters satisfy that concern?

For easy implementation on something like cyanide I would go for

"GOOD"
0-16 Halfling 30k
0-1 Human Lineman 50k
0-1 Amazon Linewoman 50k
0-1 Norse Lineman 50k
0-1 Slann LineFrog 60k
0-1 Pro LineElf 60k
0-1 Dwarf Longbeard 70k
0-1 High LineElf 70k
0-1 Wood LineElf 70k
0-1 Treeman 120k
Apoth
RR 70k

"EVIL"
0-16 Zombie 40k
0-1 Snotling 20k
0-1 Underworld Goblin 40k
0-1 Goblin 40k
0-1 Hobgoblin 40k
0-1 Thrall 40k
0-1 LineOrc 50k
0-1 Marauder 50k
0-1 Skaven LineRat 50k
0-1 Beastman 60k
0-1 Dark LineElf 70k
0-1 Minotaur 150k
Necromancer
RR 70k

Of course all those cheap players mean a starting horde...
Good
4rr, Apoth, 3 elves, dwarf, 3 humans, Slann, 6 halflings...
Evil
4rr, Elf, Beastman, rat, orc, 2 humans, 3 hob & goblins, snotling, 6 zombies...

So maybe throw in a big guy to soak up points?
Treeman would be the quintessential 'good' monster, I guess Minotaur is the evil equivalent.

Or of course you go back to the original idea and get the following which yes, does seem to be a good combo...
3rr, Apoth, 4 elves, Dwarf, Beastman, slann, 3 humans, rat, orc, hobgoblin and underworld goblin

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

I would split them in to good, neutral and chaos alignment, as this is how it worked in 2nd ed.

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

garion wrote:I would split them in to good, neutral and chaos alignment, as this is how it worked in 2nd ed.
:puke:

Bad reasoning. We aren't playing 2nd addition. It's sports. If they help you win, you'll play with them. If they don't you'll get someone else. (Yes, I admit this is a sad statement about sports and winning.) Noone said they'd all hang together after the game. :)