Three player - rules 1st draft

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Three player - rules 1st draft

Post by sann0638 »

Following the four player thread: http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... 16&t=39083

Anyone ever done 3 player? I found an old pic of a 3 player board using hexes, so might go that way. Any other thoughts?

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
natsirtm
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Three player?

Post by natsirtm »

you could contact Mik at miksminis.blogspot.com - I know he's played it a few times and might have some tips.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Making progress now - printing out hexes from this page: http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/hexagonal/

1.75 cm hex size seems to produce ones that are 28mm across, thought it would be best for the range ruler still to match. Just considering which rules might need adapting...

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Some cutting and sticking later:

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Progress, hoping to bash out some rules with Spiky, Hudson and Mawph tonight while playing our league games.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
JaM
Legend
Legend

Re: Three player - now with pics, rules to follow

Post by JaM »

Cool! Might do the same some time, always wanted a 'hex' field. IIRC chessex sells gaming mats with hexes.

I do/did have a 4 way pitch, but since I have a Rat Ogre Bowl pitch I decided to put it away and use the RO pitch with some squares covered with paper.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I considered doing a hex board for another home made gaming project.
But drawing them is such a hassle.
Then I figured out that you could just do them as displaced Squares - that still leaves 6 Squares adjacent to each Square.

Looks good though :orc:

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

First draft of rules - few gaps to fill in, let me know anything that doesn't make sense.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Three player - rules 1st draft

Post by Darkson »

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Interesting.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Spooky!

Added a bit about "optional tackle zones" that seems quite fun, otherwise just need to find some time to have a go.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

If he calls off the block he make take a different action instead.

Make should be may, I think.

IIRC 'deathbowl', the 4 way player version, has the same option, but also for frenzy. So you may lend an assist on the 1st block, but call them off on the second. Fun! :)

Also (from deathbowl): no referee, so you can foul your heart out. You can assist the other team with fouling, no apo, or anything else. Only 1 'dirt trick' card per match, so perhaps that is something to look at.

Losing the deathbowl did had consequences though, as in 'you lose your team' (it's ripped apart by angry fans IIRC).
Not sure if that is what you want. I'd rather play a 3way now and then with a decent chance to make money, SPPs, and perhaps reset some players. Maybe this could be the 'soft version' of the death bowl..?

But adding some special card could be fun.