How would you buff Daemons of Khorne

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Re: How would you buff Daemons of Khorne

Post by Thadrin »

Because Admins are allowed opinions like anyone else?
I thought it was more subtle than "delete it" or "that team doesn't exist".

Reason: ''
I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I would think that moving this thread to "House Rules" might be a reasonable step?

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Actually, I want to address the point more constructively. There is a habit here on TFF of derailing every sensible thread with 'trolling' or what could perhaps be better described as blunt non-constructive points that kill the conversation. Lots of people are guilty of this, myself included. That isn't a dig at just the admins or mods. But you are repeat offenders. Thads, your post here, and Darkson's follow up, are a prime example of that. It just invites argument. And the problem with this is that the job of moderators is to enable free-flowing discussion, not strangle it at birth.

Just look at what TFF used to be like. 30 pages threads that were generally constructive. They might have become heated, but they were about something (e.g. +2 DP or whatever). Now we have no discussion, just bickering. And that is primarly because the culture is for people to make snide remarks and kill off conversation all the time.

In my opinion the mods should be trying to guide us away from that, not lead it. You guys decide upon the culture here.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Joemanji wrote:I would think that moving this thread to "House Rules" might be a reasonable step?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Joemanji wrote:I would think that moving this thread to "House Rules" might be a reasonable step?
Good point - that's what comes of only using the "View new posts" button.

And I didn't realise the like button was that big (was viewing on a phone at the time - will change it).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Back to the topic in hand; how to buff Cyanide's Corn team.

Can someone post the stats? I've looked at them in the game and cant remember what they were from when they were posted on Cyanide's forum.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Serious answer.

Remove the ridiculous Pass access on the Pit Fighters. Remove the ridiculous Agility access on the Bloodletters. Remove the BT completely (as a sensible fluffy BT has no place on the BB field). Make the Herald a slightly better Bloodletter with Regeneration. Rename the Pit Fighters to Marauders - a name that at least has some fluff to Khorne. Say no access to Wizards. Add mutation access on doubles. (Make sure the 6 stars are blood-related [Chainsaw, Mighty Blow, Claw] and have nothing to do with dodging or Slannesh - [add that in brackets as the roster above only lists Cyanide stars]). I'd even be tempted to make the Bloodletters and Heralds AG2 - they're Khornate demaons for gods sake, they're not interested in the ball (though that brings up the whole "split AG for ball-handlng and moving" argument again).

Job done.

No idea if it's a buff or not, but it's more a Khorne team now.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Edited: In fairness to Plasmoid and his topic, I took it upon myself to move this debate to general chat. I'll make a concerted effort to not be a problem here even though I feel the Khorne roster is an abomination and should be destroyed in cleansing fire.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

I respect your opinions.
Personally I thank VERY MUCH the guys that brought the DoK to life.
I enjoy them like no other team.

I hope thatother deamons teams are introduced, they follow in the footsteps of DoK.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

And I respect the fact that this topic is in the House Rules forum...where it should be.

Now if we could just get Nurgle down graded. :wink:

If I had to come up with a "non-snarky/non-smart@$$ answer" I would be inclined to agree with this:
Kikurasis wrote:For long-term, I'd suggest giving the team Mutation access. It wouldn't be a short-term buff at all, but over the long run, they'd be a bit better. Plus, daemons having mutations just makes sense from a fluff perspective.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

That would end up with Bloodletters 2heads and BT with prensile tails.
An abomination to the imagery of Khorne.
Some mutations are appropriate for Khorne and some are not.
The ones that are appropriate they already have.
Not giving the Demons mutations access is IMHO one of the best choices the designers did expecially fluffwise.
With development they would become less Khorne-like.
M access on pit-fighters is more questionable.
Reg or ST 4 on Heralds is questionable as well, but it would have made them either too powerful (I think they are fantastic now) or too expensive. I prefer them that way.

IMO Deamons from an iconic POW should be like this:
Khorne: horns, no M access
Slaanesh: claw, no M access
Nurgle: FA, DP , M access with double (some plaguebearers model have big horns or tentacles or claws)
Tzeentch: free M access (horrors)

I made my custom teams this way and I'm pretty happy with them.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

You obviously know way more about the WH chaos background then I do, so I will defer to your expertise. I do think it would be cool to house rule a team for each God if you're into that kind of thing, I wouldn't let it through my door but to each their own. I take no issue with Chaos God themed proxy teams. I've seen some very nice ones on TFF.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

burgun824 wrote:You obviously know way more about the WH chaos background then I do, so I will defer to your expertise. I do think it would be cool to house rule a team for each God if you're into that kind of thing, I wouldn't let it through my door but to each their own. I take no issue with Chaos God themed proxy teams. I've seen some very nice ones on TFF.

I've been playing demons since the 90s. Even if I stopped playing WHFB Demons are the one army I did not sell.
Nicely spoken! :)
Peace and love.

(No! What am I saying?!? This is a Khorne topic! BLOOD AND SKULLS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I disagree with Rolex - mutations are completely normal for ALL demons, whichever god they're from (or even if they're not aligned to a power). I agree that Tzeentch will have more mutations than the others, but all should have access.
And that's from when I started playing Chaos in the Realms of Chaos, in the late 80's (pffttt :P trumps your 90's ;) ).