Fun amazons

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Fun amazons

Post by plasmoid »

Out of curiousity, which of these 2 teams do you Think would be most interesting to play?

*Standard Amazon roster
*Amazon roster with 60k linos, and added A-access on the non-blitzers?

Cheers
Martin

Reason: ''
Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Re: Fun amazons

Post by Joemanji »

The Amazonian roster was way more fun than either.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Standard amazon roster.
I have a lot of fun playing 'zons.

The only useful thing you can do with mass AG access in a spam of Blodge-SS-DT.
I don't call that fun.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

The one were Amazons all have ST2 like weakly girls should.

And I will staunchly maintain this misogynistic standpoint until Human and Wood Elf catchers are correctly revised to have ST3.

Now ask yourself this question before you reply and continue the derailment of this thread, "Do I allow myself to be trolled?"

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

burgun824 wrote:The one were Amazons all have ST2 like weakly girls should.
I think both the BG and mithology disagree with you. Expecially on the weakly bit.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

In all honesty, I disagree with me. I think amazons are appropriately labeled at ST3. I've just always had it stuck in my craw that wood elf and human catchers are ST2.

As far as the topic at hand though I would rather stay with the zons as they are. Giving them AG access would just make them RIDICULOUSLY difficult to kill...except for dorfs.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

I have no problems with Humans or woodies catchers being ST 2.
It wouldn't bother me being St 3 either, but that would need a some rebalancing.

I would like a lot Human catcher to be AV8. IMO one of the best ideas of NTTBB.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Joemanji wrote:The Amazonian roster was way more fun than either.
Which one was that? The Fend one?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

plasmoid wrote:Out of curiousity, which of these 2 teams do you Think would be most interesting to play?

*Standard Amazon roster

Cheers
Martin
Hi Martin

That second option does weaken the catcher USP. She's then just catch for 10k.

I'm totally with Burgun on the human catcher thing, but I might even go a step furter still: I'd prefer that the human catcher was the only ST3 catcher in the game. He'd be 0-2 7337, 80k, Catch, Sure Feet GA/SP; and the amazon catcher would (on top of the A access grant and 10k linewoman boost) be 0-2(0-4) 8237, 70k, Catch, Dodge GA/SP.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Shteve0 wrote: I'd prefer that the human catcher was the only ST3 catcher in the game. He'd be 0-2 7337, 80k, Catch, Sure Feet GA/SP; and the amazon catcher would (on top of the A access grant and 10k linewoman boost) be 0-2(0-4) 8237, 70k, Catch, Dodge GA/SP.
You'd start a domino effect with that, it's a terrible idea. High and Pro Elves are built around the ST3 Catcher, human teams aren't. You'd take any reason to play them away.

I think the Amazon roster is the worst in Blood Bowl. Effectively a full roster of pretty female hobgoblins, with Dodge added.
It doesn't need tweaks, it needs a total teardown and rebuild.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

plasmoid wrote:Out of curiousity, which of these 2 teams do you Think would be most interesting to play?

*Standard Amazon roster

Cheers
Martin
It woudlnt make a difference it would still be the dullest roster ever created. Everyone other than Koadah knows zons need an overhaul like norse and nurgz got. Just agreeing on a roster will be difficult.

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Fassbinder75 wrote:You'd start a domino effect with that, it's a terrible idea. High and Pro Elves are built around the ST3 Catcher, human teams aren't. You'd take any reason to play them away.
I thought the reason to play (any) Elves is the 4 AG?

I like the Zon roster as is. It is unique in that it is now the only roster where every player ha the same stat line, and are diversified only by their skill and access. I would not want their access to be more homogenized, however.

I do like the idea of starting Wrestle on the Blitzers instead of Block, per plasmoid's NTBB.

But why cant Flings roster a chef?!?! :)

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

SunDevil wrote:I do like the idea of starting Wrestle on the Blitzers instead of Block, per plasmoid's NTBB.
I have to say... as a big fan of the "sticky" amazon playstyle, I absolutely hate that idea, it totally changes the role of the most important player on the pitch. Block, Dodge, Guard, Standfirm, and you need a straight pow to remove their guard from the mix. With defensive wrestle, removing the guard gets a LOT easier; and as boring as you might think zons are, they do have a playstyle of their own that it would be a little rude to remove.

I guess another soft touch alternative would be to rock them as human blitzers with dodge instead of block. Like at 90k 7338 dodge GS/AP. That would push back the development curve without removing their playstyle, and offer a bit of longer term interest. But it does further weaken the catcher, as they're now slower than the blitzer.

I'm not saying this is perfect, and I'm not suggesting plasmoid adopts this for NTBB (so sorry for wandering a bit off the topic) but I've given this some thought and my ideal zon roster rewrite would go something like:

0-16 Linewoman 6337 60k dodge GA/SP
0-2 Thrower 6337 70k pass, dodge GAP/S
0-4 Catcher 8237 70k catch, dodge GA/SP
0-2 (or 0-4) Blitzer 7338 90k dodge GAS/P

That's just me, though :)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

[quote="Shteve0"

I'm not saying this is perfect, and I'm not suggesting plasmoid adopts this for NTBB (so sorry for wandering a bit off the topic) but I've given this some thought and my ideal zon roster rewrite would go something like:

0-16 Linewoman 6337 60k dodge GA/SP
0-2 Thrower 6337 70k pass, dodge GAP/S
0-4 Catcher 8237 70k catch, dodge GA/SP
0-2 (or 0-4) Blitzer 7338 90k dodge GAS/P

That's just me, though :)[/quote]

I think zons are fine. If you did the above nobody would play them, AV7 and no block anywhere, everybody else would beat on em and dwarves would massacre them even more than now. I also think they are the ideal starter team, lots of skills, dodge to get you out of trouble but AG3 to teach you that just cos you have it you should not use it always, Blodge on 4 so that you can have fun blocking and be fairly safe on the block back, catchers and throwers to teach you that passing is a bad idea generally. AV7 to teach you not to get attached as that blodging MB +str blitzer WILL DIE, cheap and plentiful re-rolls to make up for your inevitable poor dice management, cheap players so you can replace the dead and finally no big guy to distract you into doing something dumb like blitzing with a troll when you have no other player next to them.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

SunDevil wrote: I thought the reason to play (any) Elves is the 4 AG?
The catchers give you a reason to play Pro and High over Wood and Dark elves.

As far as Amazon rosters go, I'd like to see the the team feature a tactical wrinkle that none other has like mass Shadowing, or throwers with HMP and Catchers with Diving Catch for example. Tweaking the roster that exists now ends up in Human-lite territory.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com