New TEAMS & MORE 2014

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

New TEAMS & MORE 2014

Post by adhansa »

Just something i have bin working on for fun. This time in a readerfreindly format. Fell free to comment.

The rules have bin changed to allow myself to comply to these guidelines.
1. A team should have around 10 positional players, if it is not a mixed race or special concept team.
2. Positional players should always be a bit underprised.
3. Linemen should only have G-acces, if the team doesn't have any major lacks in the the development posabilaties.
4. Some startskills should only be available to special positions, mostly gamechanging Block to blitzers only.
5. Major races have subcatagories in teams representing differenses in local playstiles within that race.
6. Standard Human shouldn't be lower tier-1 team, actually i am contempt with them being the top-teir team, without hopefully overdoing it.
7. Widely used skillcombos should be nerfed if they dominate or risk to dominate the game.
8. The cost of team rerolls should reflect in how muchthe positional are generally overpriced/underpriced.

The ideas are borrowed, based on & modified on so many places i cant take credit for them or remember where i got them all from, i do not claim them as my own.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: New TEAMS & MORE 2014

Post by Rolex »

Thank you for sharing. I'll read it with great pleasure.

About the guidelines I don't like very much n. 6, 7 and 8.
Guidelines 1 and 2 in combination produce teams that are underpriced in comparison to the existing ones.
The maximum discount in making a team is 60k (only Lizard have 70). Your rules would produce 100k. :-?
A little too much.

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

One (entirely unhelpful) thing to mention here: A Cockerel is slightly different to a Roster... Might want to google it :lol:

Apparently Roo-ster (without the dash) auto corrects to Cockerell on here... Spoils all the fun of asking for a google search :wink:

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

Spelling error in the document heading :oops:
Unhelpgul but surely fun, that open goal shot was a gift from me.
Please read as i mean it and not as i wrote it.

adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

Revised rules for 2015

Now with a lot of star-players.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

I don't know if you have play tested many of these teams because it feels to me that the rules are not consistent.
Maybe you have a good reason for that. I think you do because you want to make a lot of diversity in races. I can only applaud this but I believe that the current version of blood bowl is already quite balanced and this balance is easily lost by too big changes.
Some of the things that stand out to me.
Orc runners have +2 MA but no - AV. This seems different on all races.
Goblins got AV 8, like any human? They get buff in stunty but can't use block. So basically they become better than Hobgoblins?
The Hobgoblins team has a fair chance of not being able to start a game with 11 players. I think you should revise the will he show skill or don't put it on squishy linemen.

Don't get me wrong, I like the general ideas but my head starts spinning by so many changes.
I do like your idea behind different TV for skills but it does seem a little complicated.
I am afraid that your adapted costs for stat upgrades are too low.
I don't know about "brace" skills on catcher and thrower type of players. It seems like a really big impact. I would rather give it to squishy linemen.

I think you have great ideas but they need to be tested and reviewed.

adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

Thank you for taking the time to reading through the rules and giving some feedback.
I will in turn try to give some insight to my choises.
Everything below IMHO offcourse.

I am fine with the normal rules and that this what i play in my club. This is more of a scarsely tested egotriprulesexperiment thing, so many things are probobly a bit unbalansed, but are not purposely so. And i share them most for a little feedback and inspiration to other rulemakers. Having well balansed rules are so far secondary, but strived for.

Orc runners are better than other runners because in this team they are the USP, and to be able make the team competetive to other style orc teams. In other teams with runners, runners are rarely the USP and are so a bit more mundane.
I want to make goblins more tier to human linemen, i don't think they deserve to be st 2 av 7 stunty. All rules included my suspision is 40k are somewhat to cheap. But i leave it as is for now.
Hobgoblins are supposed to be a gambleteam, not TV-worthwhile to skill so much. And as such i think they work fine. Most of their squads will be 5+ guarantees and 9-11 maybes so i dont fear consistantly thin startlineups.

Skillcost are in line with many suggetsions from here, but i wouldnt use them if calculating TV manually. If you could get a program to do it, i would prefer playing with methuds like this than the current ones. Would give more intresting choises and fewer cross-race standard nobrainers.

Brace is a skill i made up to make some players stronger, while purposely trying to them to steer away from turning into semiblitzers. Thats why catchers & weak runners have brace instead of linemen. I haven't put them on ST3 positions, not sure how strong such players woud become.

adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

Update for 2016 with all new crazy ideas i have got or copied since my last update.