My House Rules SIMPLIFIED VERSION : Like?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

WDYT?

Looks great: light touch, fixes CRP without going crazy.
16%
Needs more _____(post)
No votes
Too much: get rid of _____(post)
11%
I see a problem with _____(post)
5%
Other (post)
5%
Pie
63%

Total votes: 19

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: My House Rules SIMPLIFIED VERSION : Like?

Post by mattgslater »

Fassbinder75 wrote:This house rule will make it worse for anyone who isn't trying to min-max their roster because they're going to be paying extra for not trying to skill stack.
Our problem is not people complaining that their cute stuff doesn't work. Board games are about minmaxing: we have RPGs for when character needs a suboptimal mechanical backing.

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

mattgslater wrote:
Fassbinder75 wrote:This house rule will make it worse for anyone who isn't trying to min-max their roster because they're going to be paying extra for not trying to skill stack.
Our problem is not people complaining that their cute stuff doesn't work. Board games are about minmaxing: we have RPGs for when character needs a suboptimal mechanical backing.
No anti stallers then :)

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Fassbinder75 wrote:
mattgslater wrote:
No anti stallers then :)
We have one guy, but stalling is part of our culture.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fidius »

mattgslater wrote:Trust me, with the re-roll you'd see elves fouling every turn with near impunity. My version is basically double-strength for most fouls (saves your dude on double-3 or double-4 at the expense of an injury roll), and that's a big enough deal to make it viable for Stunties and even DP doubles.
You are probably right about the reroll, and your rule definitely improves the skill. You've obviously considered a change to SG where you only get thrown out on Injury Roll doubles (as did BBRC I'm sure) and deemed it too powerful as well. But I wonder if it would be thought of the same way if SG were doubles-only for most players. (Part of my master plan to change the BB world is to add a Cheating skill category, and maybe Git belongs in it...)

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I think it would be fun to have second-rate fouling skills in other categories.

charlesanakin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by charlesanakin »

We run monies and gate completely different in our house rules. FF determines how many d6 then total fans is cross referenced on a chart with TR. I like it much better than CRP. It's more dynamic more true sport experience.
As for MVP we do losing team can pick MVP but only for a player which has less than 6 (or at times 16) SPPs. This usually helps bring new teams up to speed pretty quickly. We also start all teams (individual players) with 1 SPP for having painted models specific to that team. A painted model + MVP = first skill up.

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

Hi Matt,

I voted: I see a problem with "the wording of some rules".

I like your ideas in general. I think you have got a good idea on what you want to achieve and what statistics should be. CRP has already a lot of balance in it, you just need minor tweaks.
It's just sometimes not really clearly worded.

The biggest issue is with winnings spiralling as it seems complicated but in reality it is not. I suggest to make a table for SE, as it is solely based on TV brackets. As I think of it, Winnings gate bonus can also easily be translated into a table. This makes things more visual.

A thing I would add is the idea of having Fan Factor having more of an impact: by granting a d6 for each point in it you would end up with more dynamic results. It might be necessary to cap the winning Gate bonus as freak rolls will result in massive winnings.

I like the thing you did with progressive skill costs but I also liked the idea of adding the cost of some premium skills: Block, Dodge and Guard comes most up. Wrestle could also be a candidate, come to think of it.

The only question I have is: where can I play with these house-rules?