Buffing Sneaky Git

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Buffing Sneaky Git

Post by stashman »

What do you coaches think of buffing Sneaky Git to something like:

Rerolling AV rolls (to avoid dubbles rolls) to avoid being sent off?? Too good???

Reason: ''
adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Buffing Sneaky Git

Post by adhansa »

I like what SG does right now and don't think the current rule should be redesigned, just added on to be a little bit better. A simple way to improve SG is to change the wording from "doubles on the Armour roll unless the Armour roll was successful." to "doubles on the Armour or injury roll unless the Armour roll was successful and the injury roll was 5 or more." Perhaps even 6 or more for SG to be worthwhile.
I prefer if armour and injury roll are not rerollable and that PO is the only oddboy that messes with that principle.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

I think SG as it is now is worthless. What it does is not worth the added TV.
If you foul you foul to hurt, usually with plenty of assist.

But I would not like a change of mechanics, just a buff.

If the SG player could be expelled only on doubles on injury rolls (ignoring doubles on armor rolls) I think it would be fine.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I think assists should be optional and calculated after rolling. That would fix Sneaky Git. Injury only is too good, IMO, it should be second-tier.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
feeder
Experienced
Experienced
Location: Hatching a dastardly plan, like a bird with a dastardly egg.

Post by feeder »

Add Sneaky Git to Stunty.

fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fidius »

Rolex's idea seems decent but I agree, might be too good. Matt's fix would improve SG but not by enough imo.

My previous thought was a reroll if kicked out, but as was pointed out, probably way too powerful.

Another idea: SG fouls can exceed the one-per-turn limit. The old 'safety' on non-armour breaks would be deleted. I can see a team full of SGs running around for a few turns fouling everything that lies down, but this would be a fairly risky strategy if any foul has a 1/3 chance of ban. Is this also too powerful?

Zagadoo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zagadoo »

My solution to sneaky git is this:
If a player with sneaky git is caught fouling or using a secret weapon roll a D6 on a 1-3 he is ejected from the game. On a 4-6 he is placed in the reserves.

It's like regeneration for cheating.

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Zagadoo wrote:My solution to sneaky git is this:
If a player with sneaky git is caught fouling or using a secret weapon roll a D6 on a 1-3 he is ejected from the game. On a 4-6 he is placed in the reserves.

That is just too strong. Secret weapons are priced with the expectation that they're one-drive wonders +/- bribes. It would be auto-take unless it got moved to G from A.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

bring back argue the call

gives head coach models something to do

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fidius »

Fassbinder75 wrote:
Zagadoo wrote:My solution to sneaky git is this:

That is just too strong. Secret weapons are priced with the expectation that they're one-drive wonders +/- bribes. It would be auto-take unless it got moved to G from A.
True but it might be fine if it applied only to fouls. Here is how the Kicked Out chances would break out:

Code: Select all

Tgt AV	no skill	SG	Inj only	 4+ save	SG back out on AV doubles
   9	  18.52%	  7.41%	 2.78%	 9.26%	 1.85%
   8	  20.37%	  9.26%	 4.63%	 10.19%	3.70%
   7	  22.22%	  13.89%	6.94%	 11.11%	5.56%
   6	  25.00%	  16.67%	9.72%	 12.50%	8.33%
   5	  26.85%	  21.30%	12.04%	13.43%	10.19%
   4	  28.70%	  23.15%	13.89%	14.23%	12.04%
   3	  29.63%	  26.85%	15.28%	14.81%	12.96%
   2	  30.56%	  27.78%	16.20%	15.28%	13.89%
I threw in the last column to test another idea: SG permits "backing out" of the foul if you roll any doubles on armour. So this number is the lower threshold for chance to be kicked out, with the upper threshold being the current SG chance. So for example against AV8, kicked out chance would be between 3.70% and 9.26%, depending how you handled the doubles that break armour (keep going or back out). The numbers may look low but keep in mind that your chance of success on the foul is 0% if you decide not to follow through.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Having tested something even stronger in NTBB, we've had no problems with it. 4+ to recover from ejection each drive.
Mind you, NTBB wants to buff the tier 3 teams, so if you don't like the thought of a more useful gobbo team, then it could be problematic.
Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I always liked saying an ejected SG player goes to the KO not cas box.

And making the armour break thing part of either a) right stuff or b) dirty player.

Course I liked arguing the call as well...