CRaP Big Guys

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

CRaP Big Guys

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Well let's face it, CRP big guys absolutely suck.
People have discussed price reductions etc, then it hit me the other day, why not just increase the strength of all of them?
Treemen and Trolls would probably need a price increase and the stars would need changing, but I think 140k for a S6 Ogre would be fine.

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: CRaP Big Guys

Post by lunchmoney »

Jimmy Fantastic wrote:Well let's face it, CRP big guys absolutely suck.
I disagree. What's your reasoning for saying all the big guys suck?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

They have loner(usually), a nega trait, and cost hella TV(usually). And get annihilated by clawpomb.

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

I think big guys can be a bit binary. Either they're earning above their keep, or they are TV clogging from game to game. They used to ST7 and way overpowered, perhaps it has gone a little far, but I think they still useful overall. Especially the Beast of Nurgle, that slug is totally worth the 140k.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Beast, yep great fun. Troll, underworld great, Orc an interesting but not compulsory option. Ogre, human team, sadly they are poor so need him. Pact are fine. Etc etc.

Really are we talking about the Rat Ogre or Minotaur here? :) Lucky rolls with the minotaur can make it a nasty claw block beast. The Rat Ogre? Oh well...

Oh and the deathroller :)

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Sorry but I don't even take the Beast on my Nurgz. He is too much TV for a liability.
I guess removing loner and nega traits could be a good house rule functionally, but is it worth the loss of flavour?
The only big guy who is really worth his TV is the Lizardman Kroxigor, but that is mainly because he isn't a Skink.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I think we're talking the difference between short leagues/tournaments and perpetual leagues.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

CRaP Big Guys

Post by voyagers_uk »

Surely the problem isn't the big guys use, it is what makes them less than optimal

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

CRaP Big Guys

Post by voyagers_uk »

I mean clawpomb is tough, and this hurts big guys, but a bash coach cannot complain that there biggest threat also devalues their big guy... Fix clawpomb leave the big lugs alone

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Clawpomb is just an added extra. The biggest thing for me is the cost coupled with nega traits. Mummies and Tomb Guardians are still good because they are (relatively) cheap and don't have loner or bonehead etc.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

CRaP Big Guys

Post by voyagers_uk »

They need nega traits though to compensate for their statline and potential. The fact that clawpomb reduces that potential shows it is the real problem. That being said I am gone with the game as is.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

CRaP Big Guys

Post by voyagers_uk »

Fine not gone

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Jimmy Fantastic wrote:The only big guy who is really worth his TV is the Lizardman Kroxigor, but that is mainly because he isn't a Skink.
Trolls and Treemen are not bad either for their TV imo, the rest of Big Guys is too expensive and unreliable.

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Yeah trolls and trees aren't as bad just cos of how cheap they are. They are still massive liabilities though.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

They could just go back to the old LRB4 prices for everyone.

I never saw a reason to make big guys so much more expensive as loner was not that much of an increase. Wild animals were particularly weak and they went up the most.

I tend to only use big guys as road blocks, guard assists and hope they do some damage at lower TV.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.