Chaos Pact stars

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Chaos Pact stars

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi all

I've been picking over the Chaos Pact stars to look at roster options for an upcoming tournament. Here's my favourite list for 1.1m (though doesn't include my favourite star, Lewdgrip Whiparm).

Ogre 140k
Goblin 40k
Dark Elf 70k
8 Marauders 400k
Brick Farth and Grotty 290k
2 Rerolls 140k
1 AC, 1 CL

Only problem is? Can't be done. Chaos Pact don't have access to Brick Farth and Grotty... they get Crazy Igor (yeah... nah), Bomber Dribblesnot, Zzharg Madeye and Ugroth Bolgrot (IMHO very much spot solutions, not ideal for a tourney) and Morg (for a themed team built around him maybe, anything else is a no).

I can see why Morg's there from a fluff perspective, but these options feel a bit like the raw end of a pretty s***** stick. Max Spleenripper (130k), Lewdgrip Whiparm (150k), Scrappa Sorehead (150k), Ripper (270k), Brick and Grotty (290k), Grashnak Blackhoof (310k). Done! Give me that list, oh lord[s], and I'd have interesting builds aplenty.

Okay, so that's not really a house rule, more a rant. But it did make me wonder if there were (a) good options I was overlooking in the actual list and (b) if anyone else felt there was a star player list that needed both barrels :)

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Chaos Pact stars

Post by Rolex »

CP doesn't have Big Guy Star players (bar Morg who isn't very cost effective) because they already have 3.

Playing against 5 big guys (even with 600 k more of TV) can be a very unbalanced game. Many teams have no answer to that.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Rolex wrote:CP doesn't have Big Guy Star players (bar Morg who isn't very cost effective) because they already have 3.

Playing against 5 big guys (even with 600 k more of TV) can be a very unbalanced game. Many teams have no answer to that.
Good point. Though probably best you don't take on an Ogre team any time soon :P

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Shteve0 wrote:
Rolex wrote:CP doesn't have Big Guy Star players (bar Morg who isn't very cost effective) because they already have 3.

Good point. Though probably best you don't take on an Ogre team any time soon :P
Ogre team has bone head on all ogres, they all can lose their TZ. The minotaur, Grashnak and Ripper don't and the SP are ST6 with no negatrait.
And the rest of the team is quite different.....

If you ever played against ogre team (with a slow team) in the much feared match when they don't fail BH rolls..... :(
You know what I mean. :wink: