SPONSORSHIP DEALS / Merchandising deals as inducements

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dontcallmeflossy!
Experienced
Experienced

SPONSORSHIP DEALS / Merchandising deals as inducements

Post by dontcallmeflossy! »

In response to no-one ever choosing the current Special Play cards as an inducement, but wanting a random alternative, I made some rules for sponsorship deals for our local 'friendly' 'league' (see attached) which have proved so popular that we have ended up with every team gaining one sponsorship deal per game this 'season'. It has added some extra flavour to the game and made for some great additions to the write ups / commentaries (which are done in the style of Jim and Bob from the computer game).

I can't take credit for any of the awesome branding ideas - I've just added some ideas of what bonuses the teams will get for the match. There are also variations on these for individual player sponsorship deals for players topping the rankings in SPP, TD etc. but I haven't actually added them on yet.

Hope at least someone likes them - even if you take the idea and completely change the actual sponsorship deals. Let me know if you use them! 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
My bunny is enraged and I cannot hold him back!
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Re: SPONSORSHIP DEALS / Merchandising deals as inducements

Post by voyagers_uk »

lots there, it will take a while to plow through it

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
dontcallmeflossy!
Experienced
Experienced

Re: SPONSORSHIP DEALS / Merchandising deals as inducements

Post by dontcallmeflossy! »

voyagers_uk wrote:lots there, it will take a while to plow through it
Yes it will! You need a d68 handy!

There are a LOT of different deals on there, so haven't all been used / tested. They're very much in the early stages and may all change, but it's a start. :)

One of the reasons for creating these was also to give players a flavour of some of the less used skills in the game by getting them for a match through the sponsorships / endorsement deals which has proved a very popular idea (and coaches seem to like getting sponsorships due to this, or due to the rather crazy nature of some of them!)

My bunny is enraged and I cannot hold him back!