League high scorers - On-Fire and One-to-Watch 'skills'

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dontcallmeflossy!
Experienced
Experienced

League high scorers - On-Fire and One-to-Watch 'skills'

Post by dontcallmeflossy! »

In our local 'leagues' we keep rankings of high scorers for each season and give our rewards, bonuses and sponsorship deals at the half-way point of the season and again at the close.

For the half-way point I decided to make the 'on-fire' and 'one to watch' skills for the high scorers.

'On-Fire' works exactly like the pro skill and represents the player being full of confidence as they are playing well and at the top of their game. The downside however is that they will lose On Fire if they ever take part in a game in which they don't earn a single SPP, as this will cause a big knock to their confidence. (They have to actually have been on the pitch, even if they are injured by a rock before the game's even started!). A player can gain more than one incidence of On Fire for being high up in multiple rankings. This doesn't add any extra to their value, but is recorded, for example, as On Fire x3. Following a game where they earned no SPP they would drop to On Fire x2, then On Fire then lose it completely.

'One to Watch' is a much reduced version of Fan Favourite. It lasts for the duration of the season and adds one to the team's fan-factor for each game that player takes part in to represent the fans that turn out just to see that player in action. It effectively adds 1 to your TV for the skill, so does not add to TV if the player is missing the game as the extra fans don't turn up. A team with FF 6 and a player with One to Watch records it as FF 6 +1, so you always roll against base FF at the end of the game, so the One to Watch cannot interfere with FF going up or down.

'Hall of Fame' is awarded at the end of the season for players topping the different rankings. This is the same as One to Watch, but stays with the player permanently.

Reason: ''
My bunny is enraged and I cannot hold him back!
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Very cool - thanks for sharing!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
dontcallmeflossy!
Experienced
Experienced

Re: League high scorers - On-Fire and One-to-Watch 'skills'

No problem - glad you like it! 8) Be nice to think that these might get used outside our local games. :D

PS: It also makes for some awesome moments when coaches try desperately to claw players up the rankings. I had a goblin team last season, with one of the little fellas actually topping the SPP and TD rankings with the end of the season in sight... but he was being caught fast by a player on a Khorne team who was an AG4 blodging monstrosity. I set the plucky little goblin up for a TTM touchdown just to try and creep a little further ahead... and ate him! Oops! :smoking:

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

agree this adds to the leagues fluff, maybe send an e-mail to Bothdownpodcast@gmail.com with details

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
dontcallmeflossy!
Experienced
Experienced

voyagers_uk wrote:agree this adds to the leagues fluff, maybe send an e-mail to Bothdownpodcast@gmail.com with details
Done... although I'm not sure why / what that's all about... ?

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

gets the message out there on one of the best podcasts going*

brought to you be Gingers

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
dontcallmeflossy!
Experienced
Experienced

Cool :smoking: