If you could add 1 new team to bloodbowl

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: If you could add 1 new team to bloodbowl

Post by frogboy »

Well obviously my team is the best :)

But I do like the sound of an anoying troll team or night goblin team, the squigs would have to be something special though, strength 4 mighty blow, leap, extra long legs, wild animal, no hands, hows that sound?

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Me? Would I go for Brets? Lawful pact? Linemen? Jumping sharks? Top tier humans (doesn't count)?

I think a team missing from Blood Bowl is a dirty one. None of the crazy style of goblins. What could it be? Well hobgoblins!

Hobgoblins occupy a vital rung of the blood bowl world. Without them the world would be poorer for lack of low rent assassins, grave robbers, gutter press reporters and personal accident insurance agents. In Chaos Dwarf teams Hobgoblin slaves perform the vital function of giving the Dwarves something to boss around, otherwise they invariably try and enslave each other.

But Hobgoblin teams are surprisingly rare. Their natural traits of cowardice and stupidity don’t lend themselves to bloodbowl. They lack the agility and innovation of a goblin and the robustness of an Orc. The Hobgoblin team is the only team to have found at least fame, its more sneaky and intelligent rivals dreaming of fortunes but languishing in the little leagues. But still when the opposition is a no show and the venue owner is desperate, Hobgoblin teams have the chance for a quick buck. Poorly trained and armoured they aren’t much, but woe betides the player foolish enough to turn their backs or hit the dirt!

0-16 Hobgoblins 6/3/3/7 G/APS 40k
0-4 Sneaky Gits 6/3/3/7 Sneaky Git G/APS 60k
0-4 Backstabers 6/3/3/7 Stab G/APS 60k
0-1 Troll 110k
RR 70k
Stars
Lost and Confused 6/3/3/7 Bonehead, Loner 20k
Skurfrik Stone-Sucker 6/3/3/8, Really Stupid, Loner, Wrestle, Fend, Dirty Player 70k
Rashnak Backstabber (200k),
Ripper (270k)
Morg ‘n’ Thorg (430k)

Some other star in the sub 200 category.

Lost and confused is the type of player frequently fielded by Hobgoblin teams. Not a star, or even a journeyman player, but a regular hobgoblin lost in the big city and making the mistake of looking to others of its ilk for help. One helmet fitting later and it is onto the field for its first (and normally last) Blood Bowl appearance!

The idea between him (deliberately very cheap to encourage such fodder to be taken with some spare gold), the troll and Skurfrik is there is enough bonehead and really stupid on the pitch to give the feel of a bunch of players who got the looks? and not the brains, while the opportunistic sneaky git fouling and general stabbing going on makes 'em nice and dirty.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Oh and Night Goblins would be fun as an alternative Goblin team. Netter goblins with hypnotic gaze and such like :)

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Yes I'm liking that hobgoblin team, it's true the team that is missing from blood bowl is a dirty one. I love that fluff too :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

The Heroes of Law (the antitheses of the Chaos Pact).
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28905&start=0

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
howabe
Experienced
Experienced

Post by howabe »

I'd bend the rules a little bit and say I'd like to see a Beastman team added with e.g. Ungor runners/receivers, Bestigor blitzers etc.
With this in place, the Minotaur and Beastmen on the standard Chaos team get replaced with an Ogre and Marauders to make them more of a straight Chaos Warrior team, effectively making two separate Chaos teams.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

frogboy wrote:But I do like the sound of an anoying troll team or night goblin team, the squigs would have to be something special though, strength 4 mighty blow, leap, extra long legs, wild animal, no hands, hows that sound?
The FUMBBL Stunty Leeg combination of Bloodlust and Really Stupid is pretty fun. Although I had a lot of fun with the Journal team that had them moving D6 squares per turn like a Fanatic.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

You just reminded me, I've never played in the Stunty league on Fumbbl. Will have to try making more time for this in the future. Blood lust and really stupid sounds perfect :D

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Insects with low armour that's immune to modifiers (from fouls, MB and claw, for example).

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Chris wrote:Me? Would I go for Brets?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N59pcYWsuSQ

SLOWLY I TURNED...

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Chris
Legend
Legend

If you could add 1 new team to bloodbowl

Post by Chris »

Shteve0 wrote:Insects with low armour that's immune to modifiers (from fouls, MB and claw, for example).
Using dreadball models?

If you go with them you have
Alien fishy insect range
Alien crabs
Tenticled beasts

Alien chitin range
4 legged beasty
Medium beasty 4 armed
Skinny beasty 4 armed

Tortise's

Giant alien spawny tenticle big guy
Giant tortise

Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

D&D style Gelatinous Cubes

http://otherelectricities.com/swarm/gelatinous-cube.jpg

MA 4
St 4 maybe 5 but then would have far less on the team
Ag1
AV9
No hands, Grab, Tentacles and prehensile tail

need to have something to score TD's with though not sure what to do about that. rats or spiders or zombies or something but would need to be stunty really.

The cubes themselves are basically difficult to get away from if you get too close.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Love it, toffer. How about...

Gelatinous Cube
Ma 1, St ?, AG 2 av10 regen, tentacles, jump up, stand firm

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
gregory_n_white
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gregory_n_white »

Id like to see re-introduction of the ability to take allied races like the old 2nd ed, or similar dungeonbowl. Something like max:2 players from allied roster with a premium paid (e.g. a human thrower at 70k might cost 90k for allied teams).

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Yeah, that is not really a new team though is it Greg? :)

If you have every played in a league that allows it, you will see a steady stream of restrictions applied...

I think with Night Goblins the trick is making them different to normal Goblins.

Most goblins with the apititude for Blood Bowl band together around a few trolls, fire up the old green cells and see what they can make to unless brief but glorious mayhem on the pitch. Not everything works, but fans are always keen to see what happens next. Divisions are forgotten in the struggle to stay alive on the pitch.

Sometimes though formed bands of goblins are spat out of tribes, bringing more traditional skills to bear. Night Goblins are rarely seen in the lands of the empire, but a familar sight to Dwarves, Dark Elves and other dwellers in the dark. Skilled in the lore of fungus and clubbing Squigs on the head they sometimes join other goblins and their fanatics are known far and wide, but generally they prefer the company of their own kind. But of course, these insular groups still love blood bowl!

Early teams would herd squigs onto the field. Unable to play, and often eating, the ball, fans deserted matches en mass disgusted at the sport being reduced to a livestock show. These days Squigs are swiftly sent off and a team is unlikely to try and sneak more then one or two onto the field. Bereft of these savage beasts the the lack of power quickly became apparent as trying to get more than one Cave Troll into the same dressing room never ends well. Still, with a few fantatics, using the skills learnt when whacking squigs and occasionally even the squigs themselves Night Goblins show they are still up for a game.

0-16 Goblins - 40k
0-2 Netters - Goblin with Hypnotic gaze - 60k
0-2 Clubbers - Goblin with Mighty Blow - 60k
0-2 Fanatics - 70k
0-1 Cave Troll - he is just a troll - 110k
60k RR

Stars
Cave Squig 4/4/2/9 Claw, Mighty Blow, Dirty Player, Wild Animal, Loner, No Hands, Secret Weapon 40k
Fungus the Loon 80k
Squig Hopper 6/4/3/8 Claw, Mighty Blow, Wild Animal, Loner, Secret Weapon, Leap 100k
Nobbla Blackwart 130k
Ripper 270k
Morg n Thorg 430k