Taking A from Elf line and S from beasts

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

Taking A from Elf line and S from beasts

Post by Chris »

Just curious as to what people would think the effect of taking standard agility access from the four different types of Elf linemen would be (not all would be equally affected I guess) and standard strength access from Bestmen/Pestigors?

Idea would be to alter high tv performance, but would it impact lower down as well?

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Also from dwarf longbeards and chaos marauders?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: Taking A from Elf line and S from beasts

Post by dode74 »

Imo removing A access from line-elves would reduce low TV performance as well due to the failed dodges away from the LOS/elfstall line. Removing S access from beasts/pests would reduce high TV performance more, but would also make development harder as beasts/pests (especially pests) are easier to level than the other players on those teams.

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Yes! Its about time someone suggested nerfing that anathema to balanced Blood Bowl, the Nurgle team!

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Would it hit low TV elves? Their positionals skill faster and it is still 2+ to dodge. Would they go for fend instead of dodge? What other common picks would be affected?

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Yes, it would. I explained why: more failed dodges (1 in 6 cf. 1 in 36) = more turnovers = worse performance.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Sorry, my point was at low TV the linemen don't have much dodge. Obviously not having dodge is worse, however at low TV how much dodge do you see on elf team linemen. Taking 1 instance of dodge away is not much difference for example. I guess I see so few low tv (sub 1500) elf teams I don't know if the linemen have a lot of dodge.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Rookie linemen don't have much dodge, but it is often a first skill at low TV (followed by Wrestle/Block), overtaken by Wrestle/Block at high TV as first choice as tackle becomes more prevalent. Given the basic principles of the elfstall I think it would make a large difference not only in terms of moving away from a team which comes into contact but in terms of surviving the blitzes.