New skills you would add?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: New skills you would add?

Post by Itchen Masack »

Interesting thread, finally got round to reading it :) Most suggestions seem a little too much and are open to abuse but some of my thoughts:

Landing - on a TTM maybe, but definitely not on leap. Slann would suddenly become too good. In the right hands (and given reasonable dice) they can already be played effectively, with potentially an auto re-roll on every single leap they make I think is too much.

Chitinous Hide - I like this but limit it as an Extraordinary skill to a new Insectoid race. They would have other weaknesses sure, but claw wouldnt be one of them.

Rules Lawyer - actually like this, didnt think i would but I do. Only as a 1 shot thing though, not once per half. Maybe as an inducement.

Tumble/Wings - not for me. I dont want the TTM to become easier, and i play goblins. Would take the skill away from playing the game (like letting players have MV10 and Sprint :S )

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

rolo wrote: Football (I mean real football, sorry brits),

Shteve0 wrote:Switch (P)
This player may continue to move after handing off or passing the ball as part of an action.
I like this :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I like: Tight Spiral (P)
When this player throws an accurate pass add +1 to the catch roll.

Could make passing more viable for certain teams (or any team on doubles). Perhaps powerful. Then again the passing game is hardly dominating ATM.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

lunchmoney wrote:(silly handegg graphic)
I'll accept this only if this site gets renamed "talkfantasyhandegg" ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

rolo wrote:
I will withdraw my handegg jibe if you withdraw your "real football" comment ;)

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

rolo wrote: Football (I mean real football, sorry brits),
You do realise it's only you and maybe Canadians (and maybe Aussies?) that have the wrong name for the game, the rest of the world get it right.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

lunchmoney wrote:
rolo wrote:
I will withdraw my handegg jibe if you withdraw your "real football" comment ;)
Fair enough!

"Anyone who has watched American Football recognizes that this is how handoffs work"

:D

Darkson wrote:You do realise it's only you and maybe Canadians (and maybe Aussies?) that have the wrong name for the game, the rest of the world get it right.
Actually there are a great many sports which are all called football. The "kicking a round ball around and sometimes falling to the ground and crying" version is called Association Football to distinguish it from other kinds of ... Football. "Association" got shortened to "Soccer" somehow.

(Also, I really didn't mean to actually offend anyone, it was just a quick throwaway joke) :-D

macabeo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by macabeo »

plasmoid wrote:I like: Tight Spiral (P)
When this player throws an accurate pass add +1 to the catch roll.

Could make passing more viable for certain teams (or any team on doubles). Perhaps powerful. Then again the passing game is hardly dominating ATM.

Cheers
Martin
I've seen this idea proposed several times by you and I like it. I don't think it's overpowered at all, but running 6 or 7 squares and then throwing a very precise pass is a bit odd. I would turn Safe Throw into this:

Focused Throw: If the ball is intercepted, roll AG to avoid it (as in Safe Throw). Furthermore, if this players has spent 3 or fewer points of movement before passing, add +1 to the catch roll on an accurate pass.

I don't know, it kind of fits my idea of a specialized thrower better...

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Chris wrote:
frogboy wrote:I think there could be some more strength skills as big guys are a little limited, here's one I just thought of...

Sleeper Hold Instead of making a block action this turn your player may instead choose to put a sleeper hold on one player in its tackle zone. Both opponents roll a D6 and add their Strength. If you beat your opponents score then their player is stunned in addition if you beat the opponents score and roll a natural 6 on the same D6 then the opponents player is KO'ed. If your opponent wins your players action ends.
Should there be a downside? Something like roll D6 add strength. The loser is placed prone (if this is the attacker this causes a turnover). If one player is beaten by 3 points they are stunned. If they roll a 6 the other player is KO'd. If both players roll a 6, they are both KO'd!
No, the downside is that the strong player is not throwing a block so no chance of causing an injury.

Far too many elfball skills coming out of the wood work for my liking, everyone's loving the passing and dodging skills, so here's one for all you elfballers out there, meh...

Tickle and Chase A player with this skill can elect to tickle a player in his tackle zone and then run away. The distracted player is so overwelmed with fury, excitement or joy that he forgets to tackle the little tickler losing his tackle zone. In addition the tickled player must pass an Agilty roll or immediately move as many squares allowed by his movement (including GFIs) towards the tickler. If the tickled player dose decide to chase the tickler then the tickler must shout oh chase me chase me you big oaf!

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
rolo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by rolo »

Here's a Strength skill for those big guys who never roll doubles:

Expert Basher
The player may be duller then a brick, but he's been trained to block, over and over and over again.
If this player performed a block action in his previous turn, and his declared action this turn is also a block, he may reroll a failed Bonehead, Very Stupid, or Wild Animal check.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

rolo wrote:Here's a Strength skill for those big guys who never roll doubles:

Expert Basher
The player may be duller then a brick, but he's been trained to block, over and over and over again.
If this player performed a block action in his previous turn, and his declared action this turn is also a block, he may reroll a failed Bonehead, Very Stupid, or Wild Animal check.
Nice :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

rolo wrote: "Anyone who has watched American Football recognizes that this is how handoffs work"
Handegg withdrawn
#phrasing boom!

rolo wrote:(Also, I really didn't mean to actually offend anyone, it was just a quick throwaway joke) :-D
I know, I was just continuing the joke ;)

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

rolo wrote:Actually there are a great many sports which are all called football. The "kicking a round ball around and sometimes falling to the ground and crying" version is called Association Football to distinguish it from other kinds of ... Football. "Association" got shortened to "Soccer" somehow.

(Also, I really didn't mean to actually offend anyone, it was just a quick throwaway joke) :-D

rolo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by rolo »

I see your chart and raise you Wikipedia!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_types_of_football

(With bonus points to that article for including a link to Blood Bowl at the end!)

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »