New skills you would add?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Any skills, leaving aside ones you would change or combine, over the years you have thought would be neat adding?

People normally suggest a counter to Guard (which I don't think works as either counters too many squares or gets fiddly just countering one model).

I've always liked the idea of a counter to claw -

Strength skill, Heavy Armour - This players armour features reinforced plates, crumple zones and cunning pauldrons. The players armour value can not be altered by the use of the claw skill.

Note wouldn't have it affect Chainsaws or mighty blow. Idea is to give Bash teams a tricky choice between very specific counter skill or more general skills and to make claw development less of a confident development path in a league.

Also to continue the theme of naff throwing skills -
Passing, Dummy throw - A player with this skill that declares a pass action does not have to pass and may hand off or do nothing instead. This does not use up the teams pass action for the turn.

Reason: ''
Xac
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xac »

Landing.- A player with the Landing skill is adept at falling on one's feet, and is allowed to re-roll the D6 if he fails to land.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: New skills you would add?

Post by lunchmoney »

Taunt - a player who blocks a player with Taunt must follow up. A player with Taunt cannot take Fend for any reason. (So Fend gets a small mod to stop players with Fend taking Taunt.)

Would probably put it as A category so Stunties can get it.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Why can't he take Fend? Surely two skills (which can be used optionally) to give total positional control of blocks against you isn't that powerful? Simply "a player must choose to use up to one of Taunt or Fend against the same block" would be enough to cover the logic, wouldn't it?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Just seemed to defeat the point of Taunt. "You have to follow me, but I'll Fend so you cant".

I supposed if they are both optional it would work, so sure, remove the anti-Fend thing.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Xac wrote:Landing.- A player with the Landing skill is adept at falling on one's feet, and is allowed to re-roll the D6 if he fails to land.
And leap?

Here's a few from wacky custom team ideas, all of which are satisfyingly untested. Relentless as a replacement for Regeneration (and Decay) on the Khemri roster, chitinous hide for a bug team, and the last two for a werewolf team (base player at 6338 GA/sp Regeneration Transform).

Relentless (E): when this player is badly hurt, put the player in the ko box instead of the dead and injured box. They may roll to recover before setting up each subsequent drive exactly as if knocked out (the badly hurt result still counts as a casualty).

Chitinous Hide (M): No modifiers may ever be applied to armour rolls against this player.

Transform (E): this player may declare a Transform action (and may not move or take any other action this turn). A player who transforms in this way gains the Frenzy, Claw and Unstable Mutation skills, receives a +2 increase to their base MA and loses this ability. This effect lasts until the end of the drive and may result in the player's cumulative MA boosts exceeding +2 (but not to more than a total of 10).

Unstable Mutation (E): whenever this player declares an action, roll a D6. On a roll of 2-6, the player may complete the declared action. On a roll of 1 the action is lost and the player reverse transforms, losing the Frenzy, Claw and Unstable Mutation skills, returning to their previous MA and gaining the Transform skill.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Chitinous hide is a reasonable idea, but as an M skill it will have more benefit to the CPOBMers rather than anyone else.

As an anti-claw measure and general buff to a rarely-taken stat-up I prefer the +AV being unaffected by modifiers (e.g. claw).

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Good thought. I hadn't considered that. It certainly wood make it more appealing a pick.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Xac
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xac »

Shteve0 wrote:
Xac wrote:Landing.- A player with the Landing skill is adept at falling on one's feet, and is allowed to re-roll the D6 if he fails to land.
And leap?
I wouldn't allow rolling twice a leap without using a team re roll...that would help wardancers too much...

So, Landing would only be used by right stuff players when being thrown by a big guy (or by the players affected by the trampoline trap card)

TalonBay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by TalonBay »

I'd suggest letting it apply to Leap, are wardancers or even slann going to bother with it given the wealth of other skill choices they can take?

The Daventry League: Pitchblack Stealers http://www.level10.org/BloodBowl/index.php?section=main
Proud Owner of the TFF Minisorca Vikings Legacy 2011 viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36011
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

I think it should go for leap as well. Make kind of a "safe" wardancer or slann.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I like the idea of it being for landing in general - so leap or TTM. What would you call it?

And would you want it to be a re-roll or a +1 to the landing roll?

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I really like to relentless skill idea, but would change it slightly so that when a player chooses to use it they not only suffer the original result after the game but also apply an extra Serious Injury result to the player after the game to represent them going the extra mile for the team. Also this might mean there would be a player who sustains multiple injuries per match, maybe you could restrict it to only work once or something?

I thought about Knuckledusters, but think there is already a special play card called that and its not really a skill. So probably needs a different name for this one. Effect would be to reduce the number needed to KO an opponent player during a Blitz/block action by 1. So Ko's on a 7,8,9 or 6,7,8 for stuntys.

Flying kick, Agility skill. May only be used as part of a Blitz action. Player may use this skill when in an opponent's tackle zone exactly like making a block but instead of using the block dice, pass an unmodified Agility roll. Minus one for every point of strength the opposing player is higher than your own players strength, assists my be used. If the Agility roll is passed the opposing player is knocked down and pushed back but with no injury roll. If the roll is not made your player is placed prone but does not cause a turnover unless player was carrying the ball.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I think you should always go prone...
Quite powerful though. Why would you bother with strip ball? Like an elf/Ag4 boost... Maybe something like, during a blitz action place this player prone int eh square they are blocking from. The player may make a roll, adding their agility and subtracting the oppositions strength with any assist modifiers. On a 6 or more move the defender back as if hit was a Pow on the block dice place the defender prone with no armour roll. This skill ends the blitzing models action.

Relentless wise - maybe say the player gains the decay trait, but instead of being placed in the casualty box is placed in the KO box. Both injury rolls are applied at the end of the match.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Ok that sounds good and has led me onto another similar Skill...

Double Footed Challenge, General Skill. May be stacked with Dirty Player and Sneaky Git. Can be used instead of a Foul Action. Player may foul an opponent even if they are not prone but no assists can be used. After the player making the foul has "committed" itself to the Double Footed Challenge it is placed prone in the same square despite whether the Foul was successful or not. Turnover only occurs if the same player was holding the ball.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.