New skills you would add?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Note that Relentless is already strictly worse than Regeneration in that, while it also works on 50% of injuries, it never works on serious injuries. It also only offers a 50% chance of returning for the next drive (not a drawback of Regeneration, which is automatic). Weakening it further doesn't strike me personally as really necessary...?

Note I've put it as Extraordinary, so it can't be selected by players skilling up.

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Re:

Post by mawph »

Shteve0 wrote:Note that Relentless is already strictly worse than Regeneration in that, while it also works on 50% of injuries, it never works on serious injuries. It also only offers a 50% chance of returning for the next drive (not a drawback of Regeneration, which is automatic). Weakening it further doesn't strike me personally as really necessary...?

Note I've put it as Extraordinary, so it can't be selected by players skilling up.
Surely Regen has a 50% chance of the player returning for the next drive? Relentless sounds as though it just effectively allows you to reroll the Regen roll at the start of each drive (but only for BH results).

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Re: New skills you would add?

Post by Shteve0 »

Well, yes. And then again, no.

If a player is injured, with both Regeneration and Relentless you have a 50% chance the player will recover immediately from the injury, with two caveats: Relentless wouldn't touch serious injuries, and its recovery is only partial. A Regeneration recovery puts the player in the reserves, whereas Relentless puts them in the KO bin, meaning a second 4+ (or lower if you have babes) roll is required to get them back for the next drive.

I'd mitigate it by allowing the roster an apoth. for context, the roster might look something like this (wrapped in code handles as house rosters is not what this thread is about):

Code: Select all

0-16 Skeleton 40k 5327 Relentless, Nerves of Steel G/ASP
0-2 Thro-ra 70k 6327 Sure Hands, Pass (or even dump off), Relentless, Nerves of Steel GP/AS
0-2 Blitz-ra 80k 6238 Block, Relentless, Nerves of Steel GS/AP
0-4 Tomb Guardians 100k 4519 Relentless, Nerves of Steel S/GSP
Rerolls: 70k, Apoth: yes

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Gotta fix three old ones first.... Eliminate, or consider tackle zones on, leap and the dross starts to clear....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Chris wrote:Any skills, leaving aside ones you would change or combine, over the years you have thought would be neat adding?
From the OP.

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

I really like the landing skill idea.
I've for a long time wished to change surefeet to give a reroll to landing aswell, so I would set landing as a +1 modifier instead.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I'd add a whole new category of 'Leadership' skills or something. The point would be for coaches who wanted to develop tactical teams rather than just killstack ones. They be available on doubles except for a few key positions, one of which would be Human Blitzers. They might be roughly something like :

Inspiration (L)
Once per drive, you may continue your turn after a failed dice roll that would otherwise have caused a turnover, so long as it occured within 5 squares of a player with this skill. The negative consequences of the failed roll still take place (for example Armour rolls or bouncing balls) but a turnover does not. A subsequent turnover within the same turn will count as normal and end your turn. This skill may not be put to use more than once per drive, even if you have more than player with it.

Distraction (L)
All opposing players in at least one of this player's Tackle Zones count as having Loner.

Invigorate (L)
If this player is standing, all friendly players within 3 squares count Stunned results as Prone.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Resolve (G) - Dauntless, but in reverse. Roll d6 when you are being blocked and add your strength. If the number is higher than the opponents strength, you are considered to have the same strength level.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Shteve0 wrote:
Chris wrote:Any skills, leaving aside ones you would change or combine, over the years you have thought would be neat adding?
From the OP.
OP be damned, then you don't even have a plug in your leaky boat....

Bon chance....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Xac wrote:Landing.- A player with the Landing skill is adept at falling on one's feet, and is allowed to re-roll the D6 if he fails to land.
This.

And it would be nice to have some skill to improve landing roll.
Only +Ag is improving it...

Like adding to nerves of steel the possibilitie to not suffer from the tackle zone when landing

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Clothes Line; a player with this skill can relinquish its tackle zone and throw one out of sequence block per turn on a player attempting to dodge out of its tackle zone. The player can never follow up or use the frenzy skill and must remain in his own square.
If the player being blocked remains on his feet or has the Jump Up skill it is permitted to continue its move.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Teabag; The Teabag skill works in a similar fashion to a foul action but no assists can be used. Declare Your players action is to Teabag an opponents prone player and if needed move your player into an agacent appropriate square. Next your opponent will roll a D6 and try to beat their own players Ag, if the roll is equal to or less than the prone players Ag then it is too humiliated to continue for this drive and retires to the dug out and won't return to the pitch until the player can roll higher than its Agility on a D6 at the end of a drive.
If the Teabagged player manages to beat its Agilty whilst prone on the pitch it overcomes its humiliation and instead the player doing the Teabagging is booed off the pitch until the next drive.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

A version to Taunt - Pull

Have to follow up when blocking a player. Strength skill.

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

Joemanji wrote: Inspiration (L)
Once per drive, you may continue your turn after a failed dice roll that would otherwise have caused a turnover, so long as it occured within 5 squares of a player with this skill. The negative consequences of the failed roll still take place (for example Armour rolls or bouncing balls) but a turnover does not. A subsequent turnover within the same turn will count as normal and end your turn. This skill may not be put to use more than once per drive, even if you have more than player with
very interesting, but you will need to track the use of inspiration along turns, so it is a very new feature in the base mechanics. like the "feat" in warmachine.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Distract (General): Player with this skill exerts a additional -1 to any Pass, Catch or Pick Up roll within his Tackle Zones. In addition, this skill is not negated by Nerves of Steel.

Invulnerable/Demonic (Special/Mutation): This players AV is never modified, regardless of opposing skills. However, if the armour is broken, and KOs are treated as Badly Hurts.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.