Equalising the tiers by using allies?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Equalising the tiers by using allies?

Post by theghr »

Hi. I never played Blood Bowl back in the days except for one game, and therefore i dont care about what's GW-Kocher or not. But still i need help.
Thing is, for my league i want to equalise the tiers by using the old allied rules list. Obviously i'm not after exact equalising since its impossible. Animosity or not, i have thought some about it but are looking for input from more veteran players. One version could be to just be able to use 0-8 to 0-16 positionals from the allied races. I need somewhat balanced rules regarding this, what i have now at least is to go after regular team power in perpetual leagues, the weakest teams gets just one allied player max, while stronger gets two or three.

Reason: ''
Goldbaek is my hero
Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Equalising the tiers by using allies?

Post by Chris »

I would suggest having a list of allies. Say dwarf, elf, human and Halfling/goblin linemen (with animosity). You could do one evil and one good if you like. A few games in allow the bottom third of the league to hire two in the normal way, the middle third 1 and the top third none.

If you subsequently 'move up' and lose or sack the player for any reason you have to abide by the new limit.

So for example a team doing poorly gets an elf and a dwarf. They do better, reach the middle of the league. Both die in a terrible CLPOMB incident. You can only hire one new ally.

In the same way the Skaven who dominated the league at the start loses 6 games on the trot and is at the bottom. When recruiting players they have the option of two allies.

That stops good players with a sub par team getting too good and helps the players who are finding the going tough. Also stops worries about subjective grading of team tiers.

Reason: ''