Stadium Rules for League Environment

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Stadium Rules for League Environment

Post by celticgriffon »

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about adding some house rules for stadiums.

First of all, I want the stadium to be purchased "in game". Teams could sandbag money to purchase possibly two stadium levels. The first level would have to be purchased before buying the second level.

Secondly, should the player's have a custom board for this as well? Some people enjoy doing that others not so much.

The level one stadium bonus could perhaps be a 50K card. Level 2 stadium bonus could perhaps be a card and/or a bloodweiser babe (your choice). But perhaps the bonus could be customized by race?

Before the game, to determine which stadium you are playing in (if the league doesn't have a set home/away schedule) it would be 50/50 (high roller on a d6 for example or a coin toss).

I don't think this "fluff" would affect the match too heavily and it may add another outlet and incentive for someone keeping a larger treasury.

The one problem we may face in our leage is that any amount stored over 200k gets added to Team Value. So in essence there would be a few sacrifices to get there.

I would love to hear any comments / thoughts on this idea.

Cheers,
Michael

Reason: ''
If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: Stadium Rules for League Environment

Post by rolo »

I love the idea and think that this is exactly the sort of thing a league should do - it makes different stadiums feel unique and at the very least, makes the home/away teams less completely irrelevant.

Some friends and I tried something like this out, years and years ago, and our mistake was that the stadium improvements were too powerful. We had stuff like "Astrogranite turf" which gave +1 to all armor rolls. I remember things like a hockey-style wall around the pitch (nobody can be pushed out, but getting pushed into the wall knocks the player down in the square they're standing in) ... "perfect groundskeeping" I think gave +1 movement, and "sand" -1 movement. The in-game effect was just too much and after a few test games, it never got off the ground.

One thing I want for my Khemri team is a domed stadium - all weather is "perfect" always. Treat the weather roll as if it were 7, and "weather change" has no effect at all. Just because I kind of always hate weather anyway when it comes up, and I really, really, really, really hate playing Khemri in the rain.

In real-world sports, teams build (or threaten their home city until someone else builds) new stadiums to get more money. More room = more tickets sold = more money. So a Blood Bowl version would be something like spending money to get extra fans or fan factor, improving your chances of FAME. But that seems kind of lame.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

We voted on this for our league this season but it did not pass. Our group likes to stay very close to CRP in order to keep things "simple". We patterned the idea off what BBII is doing for stadiums. I like the idea.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

I have only played one game of BBII so far. Could someone articulate what the campaign mode adjust for stadiums?

I like the idea of having three tiers for the stadiums with progressive or cumulative benefits.

I love the idea of adding +1 to winnings. This could be a low level upgrade.

Removing weather results would seem to be a very strong benefit to certain teams pending the matchup. That might need to be an upper level improvement.

I also love the idea of allowing coaches to customize their stadium based on race and coach preference.

Cheers,
Michael

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Here are some rough ideas (really struggling for Level "1" low impact items):

Level 1
Enthusiastic Fans: +1 Cheering Fans (home team)
Support Staff: +1 Coach (home team)
Springy Astroturf: only costs 2 movement points once per game to stand up (both teams)

Level 2
Retractable Ceiling: may modify weather dice by +/-1 (home team)
Enhanced Lightning Magic: missed lightning bolt gets a re-roll (both teams)
Extra grippy Astroturf: Re-roll 1 failed GFI (both teams)
Helpful Fans: Throw in Template: may re-roll direction (home team)
Athletic Fans: Throw in Template – may re-roll distance (home team)
Custom Brewery: reduce one KO to a stun (both teams)
Low Ceiling: Kick off Table - high kick cancelled (both teams)
Premium Tickets:- +1 winnings (home team)

Level 3
Chaotic Fans: +1 50k card (home team)
Extra Medical Staff: +1 Bloodweiser Babe (home team)
Rowdy Fans: +1 to injury roll on crowd push (both teams)
Improved Fireball Magic: fireball hits on a 3, 4, 5, 6 (both teams)
Shamrock Astroturf: may re-roll one scattered d8 (ball only) once per game (home team)
Gambling Den: may bet on the match outcome 20K with a Home Team Win/Lose/Draw (using money from treasury/petty cash used similar to an inducement). Win the bet double the money. Lose the bet lose the money. (both teams)
Lavish Dugouts: KO only recovers on a 5 or 6 (both teams)
Top Tier Concession: extra re-roll in one half works on a 4-6) (home team)
Half Time Concert: +2 winnings (home team) / +1 winnings (away team)
Cluttered Field: GFI’s fail on a 1or 2 (both teams)
Peaceful Fans: -1 to injury roll on crowd push (both teams)

TBD?
Dim Lighting
Bright Lighting
Short Field
Long Field
Narrow Field
Eager fans
Swampy Field
Stone Field

Cheers,
Michael

fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fidius »

Sinkhole: Choose a square on the pitch. Any player stepping or landing on this square disappears beneath the sinking sand. Grounds crews manage to fish him out, but his lungs are so full of sand that his return to the match is questionable. Place him in the KO Box. For all games played using this upgrade, teams must switch ends at halftime, and the OT coinflip winner may choose which end his team sets up on.

:)

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

I actually have been working on a version of league stadium rules, cribbing some ideas off this and a variety of other sources. I'd be happy to post them if other people are interested in reviewing them/providing commentary.

Milo

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

HeHee - blast from the past. Check these out!
http://www.clbbbl.dk/html/league05/stadium.htm

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Khar-peth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khar-peth »

Milo wrote:I actually have been working on a version of league stadium rules, cribbing some ideas off this and a variety of other sources. I'd be happy to post them if other people are interested in reviewing them/providing commentary.
Do post them please !

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

I've posted my rules in the House Rules forum here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=42929

Just because they're long and I wanted to consolidate them in one place.

Milo