Special Play Cards

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Special Play Cards

Post by graeme27uk »

Hello,

I am back into the world of Blood Bowl and eager to get my Nurgle Team off the bench and stumbling down the pitch.

I have got the CRP so hopefully the latest LRB update.

The Special Play card tables in the rules however don't really cut it for me. There was something sneaky about having Special Play cards being a Physical thing that you can waggle at an opponent at crucial moments and really put them off their game, all the while laughing maniacally.

To this effect I have created some - not sure how they print out yet that's the next stage.

The way I intend them to be used is as Inducements. I figure that the lower the team then the more desperate they become and so stoop to less "legal" means. You can purchase Special Play cards using your inducement money for 50k each (not sure about the price yet). However, you can only pick from a deck once. So you may spend 150k Inducement funds on cards but that means you must pick from three different decks. Also, the decks are not consistent. What I mean by this is that I will get printed up maybe four copies of all the cards and then use this as a "master stock". When it comes to playing the game then a deck of each type of card is randomly drawn from the "master stock". So say the master stock is 100 cards then the actual gaming deck may be 20 cards. This means there may be duplicates or omissions, increasing the randomness of the cards.

Are all the cards equal? Are all the cards fair? No is the simple answer. Some are much weaker than others but that is the luck of the draw.

I haven't quite finished them all yet but you get the gist of where I am heading.

Please let me know what you think or if any of the cards is too game breaking. I can create more options and other decks as needed. Maybe I could do a "Desperate Measures" deck... or if you have other ideas let me know.

I want each deck to have a theme at least, but there can be overlaps. Random Events and Miscellaneous Mayhem being two that could easily overlap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Special Play Cards

Post by Darkson »

I'm not sure on your point? [I might be missing something obvious, if so, please accept my apologies!]

The cards in the CRP can be a physical thing, they're designed to be picked using a standard deck of cards (if you haven't bought one of the card decks that various 3rd parties offer, such as Impact).

And the cards are already purchasable at various point costs, from 50k to 400k, and in various decks which are themed, so I'm not sure why you want to go to all the hassle of re-writing something, with all the potential game-breaking issues that might present, when they're already done for you?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by graeme27uk »

Darkson wrote:I'm not sure on your point? [I might be missing something obvious, if so, please accept my apologies!]

The cards in the CRP can be a physical thing, they're designed to be picked using a standard deck of cards (if you haven't bought one of the card decks that various 3rd parties offer, such as Impact).

And the cards are already purchasable at various point costs, from 50k to 400k, and in various decks which are themed, so I'm not sure why you want to go to all the hassle of re-writing something, with all the potential game-breaking issues that might present, when they're already done for you?
Using a standard deck of cards just isn't the same. Maybe I am being over-nerdy but it's not as Bloodbowlly. I haven't rewritten (that much) just put them on cards. I've written some of my own and made adjustments in places.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

graeme27uk wrote:Using a standard deck of cards just isn't the same. Maybe I am being over-nerdy but it's not as Bloodbowlly. I haven't rewritten (that much) just put them on cards. I've written some of my own and made adjustments in places.
While I agree using a deck of cards isn't the same, I'm still not sure of why you need to make other changes? Either buy a set of BB cards, or use one of the various files kicking around that are ready to print.

If you're making you're own set, especially to share (and for others to print), you really need to make it clear they're NOT the official set and they're house-ruled (I'm going to move this topic to the "House Rules" section).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.