Overstuffed Halfling - Fun Rule Idea

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jolnir
Rookie
Rookie

Overstuffed Halfling - Fun Rule Idea

Post by Jolnir »

Someone on Facebook mentioned that they had a dream about exploding Halfling on the pitch for "Throw Teammate". I thought of this fun variation:

Overstuffed Halfling - If a Halfling team has a Halfling chef, once per game on a "Throw Teammate" the coach can elect a Halfling to be "Overstuffed".

On a "Throw Teammate", roll a D6 before the agility roll for landing. On a 4-6, the Halfling explodes in the square he landed in. Roll on the casualty table for this player. All players in neighbouring squares must roll for armour. On a 1-3, the player does not explode and play proceeds as normal.

Thoughts? It's Halflings, so I doubt anything would be OP.

Reason: ''
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Overstuffed Halfling - Fun Rule Idea

Post by Afroman »

heh, fun but halflings don't need more ways to lose their players :D.

But looking at it from a tactical point of view, the threat from it happening is greater that hte actual risk of a coach using it.

Maybe it would stop people from building tight cages. But I personally wouldn't use it thath often.... I think :P.

and also.....explode? how does he come back from that? although certain death would definitely make this unusable :D.

just my rambling 2 cents.

Roblematic
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Roblematic »

I love the idea of adding somthing to the flings, theirs definitely room for a few positional. But as Afroman says killing a fling seems harsh. Maybe have the overstuffed player as a positional that when thrown due to the extra padding bounces a little like a ball and chain.

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Roblematic wrote: Maybe have the overstuffed player as a positional that when thrown due to the extra padding bounces a little like a ball and chain.
You may be on to something here! How about the overstuffed fling gets a +2 AV for landing purposes(due to the extra cushion...)? more likely to survive the landing even when failed but still loses the 3 MA. MAkes Jump Up more attractive to flings to!

Roblematic
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Roblematic »

When GW redid the goblins they added a few new players to the pot, I’d be very surprised if they don’t do that for halfling and ogres to. The iron golem team that just finished on KS has some fantastic models that could work for cool positional of stars, if your looking for inspiration.

But I realy like your higher AV lower movement and jump up, dropping movement would hurt the one turn touchdown but if you gave him guard it would be a fun cage smasher.