Age of Sigmar Bloodbowl

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Roto
Rookie
Rookie

Age of Sigmar Bloodbowl

Post by Roto »

For various reasons, I am now attempting to build an Age of Sigmar Bloodbowl league and related rosters. I'll be honest, this is mostly coming about due to a few arguments and stubborn refusal to back down on the Secret League discord, but here we are. A link to the group testing out these teams can be found here Age of Blood Bowl. You can find our rule set here: AoSBowl

I also welcome everyone to hop in on the newly created discord for this ruleset/league at AoBB Discord

I plan on taking a lot of inspiration from the way Garion built his Secret League teams. In fact, Garion has done a ton of great work and many of his teams have direct AoS correlations. I don't plan on reinventing the wheel here if I don't have to.

The teams that I am currently working on are (Note, these are the WIP Rosters):

Beastclaw
Clan Verminous
0-16 Clanrats 50k 6136 Guard A/GMPS
0-4 Stormvermin 90k 7338 Block GS/PM
0-1 Clawlord 120k 7339 Block, Claw GSP/AM
Reroll 60k

Daughters of Khaine
0-16 Witch Aelve 70k 6347 Frenzy GA/SP
0-4 Melusai 70k 6328 Prehensile Tail, Foul Appearance GS/PA
0-4 Khinerai 60k 7247 Leap, Very Long Legs GA/PS
0-1 Medusa 150k 6439 Loner, Prehensile Tail, Foul Appearane, Hypnotic Gaze S/GAP
Reroll 70k

Everchosen
Flesheaters
0-16 Crypt Ghoul 50k 6337 Dodge G/ASP
0-2 Crypt Ghast 90k 7337 Dodge, Disturbing Presence GA/SP
0-2 Abhorrent 100k 7337 Disturbing Presence, Frenzy, Pass GP/AS
0-2 Crypt Flayer 120k 7338 Disturbing Presence, Claw, Frenzy GA/SP
0-2 Crypt Horror 120k 5428 Frenzy, Disturbing Presence GS/AP
Reroll 60k

Fyreslayers
Gloomspite Gitz
0-16 Goblin 40K 6237 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff A/GS
0-1 Fanatic 100K 3717 Stunty, Ball & Chain, No Hands, Disturbing Presence, Prehensile Tail, Secret Weapon 6+ S/GAM
0-2 Snuffler 80K 6237 Stunty, Dodge, Stab, Shadowing A/GSP
0-4 Gobbapalooza 80K 6237 *, Dodge, Stunty, Sure Feet, Sprint, Right Stuff GA/SM
0-1 Loonboss 90K 6338 Stunty, Dodge GAP/SM
0-1 Troggoth 110K 4519 Loner, Bonehead, Mighty Blow, Regeneration, Throw Teammate, Always Hungry S/GAM
Reroll 60k
*In open play, the Gobbapalooza will take the skills as listed above. In league play, the Gobbapalooza will lose Sure Feet and Sprint; and will instead roll d6 upon hiring and take the skills as listed below instead:
1) Leap, Very Long Legs (Shroomancer)
2) Hypnotic Gaze (Boggleye)
3) Sure Feet, Sprint (Spiker)
4) Foul Appearance, Mighty Blow (Scaremonger)
5) Fan Favorite (Brewgit)
6) Tentacle, Prehensile Tail (Webspinner Shaman)

Idoneth Deepkin
0-16 Thralls 40k 6337 Thrall GA/SP
0-2 Reavers 110k 8348 Block GS/AP
0-2 Soulrender 110k 6348 Hypnotic Gaze GA/SP
0-1 Allopex 200k 6529 Wild Animal, Bloodlust, Claw, Mighty Blow, Horns, Monstrous Mouth, Regenerate, Loner S/GAP
0-2 Fangmora Eel 100k 5449 Really Stupid, Tentacle, Mighty Blow, No Hands GS/AP
reroll 60k
Necromancer raised as Thrall

Ironjawz
0-16 Brute 70k 5339 Dauntless G/SAP
0-4 Ardboy 70k 5339 Block GS/AP
0-2 Warchanter 70k 5339 Disturbing Presence GP/AS
0-1 Megaboss 140k 5529 Loner, Thick Skull, Mighty Blow GS/AP
Reroll 70k

Kharadon
0-16 Arkanaut 60k 4329 Thick Skull, Block GS/AP
0-2 Thunderer 100k 4339 Thick Skull, Bombadier, Secret Weapon 8+, Pass GS/AP
0-4 Skywarden 120k 5339 Thick Skull, Leap, Very Long Legs GAS/P
Reroll 60k

Maggotkin
Masterclan
Nighthaunt
0-16 Spirit Host 60k 4249 Jump Up, Regeneration GA/SP
0-4 Myrmourn Banshee 90k 5349 Jump Up, Stab, Regeneration A/GSP
0-2 Dreadscythe Harridan 100k 6349 Jump Up, Regeneration, Claw, No Hands GA/SP
0-2 Chainrasp 100k 4329 Jump Up, Tentacle, Grab, No Hands, Regeneration GS/AP
0-1 Chainghast 120k 4719 Ball & Chain, No Hands, Secret Weapon 8+, Regeneration S/GAP
0-2 Cairn Wraith 90k 4249 Jump Up, Chainsaw, Secret Weapon 8+, No Hands, Regeneration GS/AP
Reroll 60k
Necromancer Raised as Spirit Host
No Apoc

Seraphon
Stormcast
0-16 Initiate 50k 6338 G/SAP
0-2 Liberator 120k 5439 Stand Firm, Regeneration GS/AP
0-2 Prosecutor 120k 5439 Very Long Legs, Regeneration GA/SP
0-2 Judicator 120k 5439 Pass, Regeneration GP/SA
Reroll 60k

Sylvaneth
Troggoth

So I repurposing this post to act as an up to date listing of all the amazing portrait art by Gozer the Gozarian for the rosters:

Gloomspite Gitz:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Daughters of Khaine:
ImageImageImage

Karadron:
ImageImageImage

Stormcast Eternals:
ImageImageImageImage

Clan Verminous:
ImageImageImage

I've also starting working on the icons which I'll update here as well:

Crypt Horror:

Crypt Ghoul:

Witch Aelve:

Snuffler:

Melusai:

This list isn't limited and is only what I'm currently mucking about with. I'll admit that my AoS lore knowledge isn't the best, so if anyone thinks I'm missing any new AoS groups, please let me know. Any feedback or suggestions is greatly appreciated and encouraged. Also, I plan on getting a league set up in the near future so I can work on play testing these guys.

Reason: ''
Roto
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Age of Sigmar Bloodbowl

Post by Roto »

So I figured I'd give a mini status update. I'm currently working on ironing out the kinks for a Deepkin roster. It's not ready to go live yet, but I figured I'd post here about what I'm currently thinking/working on and see what y'all think. 

0-16 Thralls 40k 6337 Thrall G/SAP 
0-2 Reavers 110k 8348 Block GS/AP 
0-2 Soulrender 110k 6348 Hypnotic Gaze GA/SP 
0-1 Allopex 200k 6529 Wild Animal, Bloodlust, Claw, Mighty Blow, Horns, Monstrous Mouth, Regenerate, Loner S/GAP 
0-2 Fangmora Eel 100k 5449 Really Stupid, Tentacle, Mighty Blow, No Hands GS/AP 
reroll 60k
Necromancer raised as Thrall

Here's my justification/reasoning behind all this: 

In regards to the Thrall, once I saw that the main grunt of the Deepkin army was named Thrall that I HAD to do something with bloodlust on this list. Since the actual Thrall in AoS was kinda.. not great, I basically copy/pasted over the Vampire Thrall and called it a day. 

Now, once I had the Thralls out of the way, I had to start looking at positional types and numbers. I knew I had to get some fish on this roster, the only question was how many should they have. I looked at the Eels and the Sharks and figured that the Shark was more badass and deserving of that 0-1 spot, while the Eels could have some interesting stuff if I gave them 0-2. Once I had that down, I looked at the other troops of the Deepkin army to see which work fit well on a Bloodbowl pitch. I decided on the Reaver and Soulrender as 0-2 positionals to fill in the roster. One of my secondary goals was to make a roster where you weren't required to take the Shark and could function without it. 

Now.. The Shark.. Where do I even start? I took a fair bit of inspiration for this monster from the SL Daemons of Khorne bloodthirster. What I wanted to make was this absolute beast that could ruin your opponent's day just as easily as your own. With Wild Animal AND Blood Lust, things have potential to go pear shaped whether you get him to attack or not. The Mighty Blow and Claw would wreck an opponent's day just as easily as your thralls'. I'm still debating on Monstrous Mouth to be honest. His model has a giant gaping maw and I figured throwing this on there might make people more inclined to take the risks he poses on the field. 

The Eel, on the other hand, I wanted to be this annoying roadblock that you have to babysit. None of it's models in AoS are without some kind of handler/rider. I tried to show this by giving it really stupid. And yes, I know that such a bad Nega Trait on a St4 guy is a bit... not good. But you have to remember, that there's Ag4 on this team so I hoped that'd be a fair compromise. I gave it Tentacle to help show off it's Eelly nature. I was debating between that and Grab, but I figured giving it Tentacle now and S access on Singles would show that nicely enough. Also No Hands.. Because they're Eels.. They have No Hands. 

After that, I began work on the first of the positionals.. The Reaver. The Reaver is you more combat inclined of the roster. So in that vein, I gave it Block and made it a slightly faster Dark Elf Blitzer. Nothing special, but really, doesn't it need to be this unique creation? 

And lastly, we have the Soulrender. This guy was tricky to come up with rules for. There weren't a lot(none) of non magic casters left after I got done with everyone else, and I figured the Soulrender would be the one most likely seen on the pitch. In lore he's a kind of necromancer who uses a strange and eerie light to mess around with the souls of the dead. I tried to show this with both Hypnotic Gaze and Tentacle as the light makes people fixated on it kinda. I figured doing this might make for some interesting plays. 

Now lastly, and perhaps the most controversial thing I did, was give these guys access to Necromancer and raising them up as Thralls. These guys do that kinda shit in AoS and I wanted to show that here.

Reason: ''