Big Guy 7th skill

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Big Guy 7th skill

Post by Darkson »

Somewhere recently (and damned if I can find it :oops:) was a thread about Big Guys losing their negatraits. The idea bandied about with the most (although little overall) support was if after 51spp a double was rolled then the B could lose it's NT.

Well, if that's not to peoples tastes howabout when a BG gets his 7th skill he may choose to lose it's NT. The chances of this happening are very small, and any player that gets to this level should know what it's doing by now.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
D'Arquebus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by D'Arquebus »

I would agree with the last idea, ie that at the 7th advance the BG can lose a negga trait. It fits with the background, Morg isn't boneheaded, and as you say a BG getting that far probably deserves the advantage. I mean if he has not aged to the point where you wanted to retire him anyway.

13th to 24 Teams Worldwide :)

www.ausbowl.com - The Home of Australian Blood Bowl.
www.nzbbn.com The Home of New Zealand Blood Bowl

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

They should keep their negatraits all the time. When they get seven skills they are far worse than when they started and need the negatrait even more then when they were rookie to keep some balance there.

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Darkson wrote:
narkotic wrote:1. it would give Goblins a little more edge but not too much, as Trolls cannot give them each other plus on the really stupid rolls
What is this obsession with "fixing" goblins anyway? They're meant to be crap.
What is this obsession with "fixing" negatraits anyway? Big Guys are meant to be stupid.

Sorry Darkson, no offense meant, it was just a pleasure to observe that we all have our personal BB "obsessions".

To give some sensitive remark at least, I agree with Grumbledook. I know, to have many skills is legit but every player who reaches that many skills threatens the game balance - and if it's a big guy than even more. And where you get your adrenaline from when your Big-O-guy just smahses everything without any problem? :)

@ D'Arquebus, coming to the big guy stars, I thought it was commonly accepted (?) that these should be not role models for player development and in fact are just remainants of the 3rd edition with them having no negatraits. I would argue the exact way round: normal bigos can't lose negatraits, so give them to stars, too.

Sorry, I do not want to push the topic somewhere not intented by Darkson. Just take another strength skill and beat your opponent, he will be sweating anyway when he sees your big player. :)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I don't actually advocate BG's losing their negatraits, it's just there were some possible way's of doing it listed elsewhere, so I thought I'd add this one. Unfortunetly, I couldn't find the original thread, so I added it here :oops:

Of all the ideas listed, if I had to pick one, I'd coose this one as it's very unlikely to happen, but personally I'd keep the NT's (though I think WA is to negative, but thats another thread :wink: )

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

I don't think it is that bad of an idea.

But maybe we should leave the negatraits on permantly and consider the stars the rare big guy with some smarts. It has to happen every few generations or so, somewhere in the world away from all of the inbreeding.